Four Years Two Months & a Meeting

"Wangji" I hear my name being called and my steps halt. Turning around, I am greeted my Jin Guang Yao.

What is he doing here?

Placing a usual smile on his face, he bows down and I reciprocate the same.

"How have you been Wangji?" His words are polite and I nod "Good"

"How's your health?" He pauses and the subtle change in his eyes don't go unnoticed by me "brother told me you were resting from your injuries which you received back then, in Nightless City".

A pain passes through my heart and my skin burns from remembering those painful  memories.

Placing an icy facade, I nod again "Hm, my health is good" I turn to leave when he stops me again "Wangji, I would like if you could join our meeting today".

Meeting?

"I came to see brother and uncle Lan" his smile deepens and a sense of eeriness sets  within me.

Before I could respond, a disciple greets Jin Guang Yao "ZewuJun and Elder Lan are ready to meet you" he then bows down to me and leaves.

Smiling, he walks confidently and reluctantly, I follow him.

"A Yao" brother greets Jin Guang Yao and his eyes widen when they seek mine. Facing my uncle, my eyes seek his and I stand there, looking at the man who has been a father figure for us all these years. The last I saw them were 4 years ago.

Do I resent him? Do I respect him? Am I furious?

I realise, I feel nothing towards him. Nor love. Nor respect. Nor resentment. Nor anger. I have no feelings at all.

I am at peace.

I realise standing there, I have forgiven him.

"Wangji" my brother's sweet plea shakes me from my stupor and I look at him and bow lightly. I follow through with my gesture towards my uncle too.

"I met Wangji, while I was entering Cloud Recess" Jin Guang Yao smiles "Wangji sure has changed from the last time I met him" and brother smiles.

"Elder Lan" Jin Guang Yao places an invitation letter in front of uncle "I personally wanted to invite the Gusu Clan to the ceremony. Brother, I wish to see you and" his eyes fall on mine "Wangji at Koi Tower".

"Wangji" brother calls my name "A Yao will be officially appointed as the Chief Cultivator on behalf of all the clans" his smile is wide and kind.

"Sect Leader Jin Guang Yao, Xi Chen and Wangji will be there" my uncle declares and I stare at he ground by my feet.

I understand how the politics around here works but why do they have to concern me? After Jin Zi Xuan and Jin GuangShan's death, the sole heir to the throne was Jin Guang Yao, an illegitimate son of Jin GuangShan. He being appointed as the new Chief Cultivator meant that all other Clans would be under the reign of the LanLing Jin Sect. I hope this does not turn out to be another Wen Sect massacre.

Knowing that my words won't be heard nor matterd here, I bow and leave.