Final Battle ~ Revelation

Su She realized his grave mistake and thus turning away from us, he quickly donned his robes. However, everyone present in the temple had already seen the scar. His chest was covered with thickly dotted holes that varied in size.

Marks of the Hundred Holes curse!

These marks were left after he had cursed someone else and received a backlash for it. Wei gasped and I immediately caught his waist. He was remisincing the past where once he tried his best to find out the culprit behind the curse mark left on Jin Zixun. It was from that precise moment, the attack in Qiongqi path that lead to the siege of The Yiling Patriarch. He was framed for an act he was never an accomplice. Tonight this truth was indeed an irony. Looking back at my Wei I realised he was framed for a lot of such acts which never involved him but yet his name was dragged down in the end. 

Brother, who was now coming to terms with Jin Guang Yao's betrayal, questioned him calmly "Sect Leader Jin, was this also part of the plan to attack Qiongqi Path?"

Jin Guang Yao's silence was an answer to my brother's question and I could see deep regret in them. 

Jiang Cheng on the other hand was not quiet, his words were harsh and they were directed to Jin Guang Yao "If Jin ZiXun wasn't cursed then nothing that happened afterwards would have to happened! You planned to eliminate Jin ZiXuan and Jin ZiXun, so that you could become the sole heir to the Lan Lingjin Sect!" He paused as his gaze landed on Wei he continued "was that also a reason you impeached Mo Xuan Yu from the Sect? You were too scared to have him around? After all he like you was an illegitimate son of Jin GuangShan?" His question struck me to the core. 

I remembered a time from the past when I did meet that young boy, albeit briefly in Koi Tower. Back then he seemed to be a vibrant lad yet now... he sacrificed his soul to the Diabolical king to seek his revenge. Jin Guang Yao has rather been a spectacular mastermind.

Jin Guang Yao refused to answer and closed his eyes. 

Wei who was staring at Su She, laughed with contempt and asked "Why did you hate me? I don't ever remember having any sort of enmity with you!"

Jin Guang Yao looked up and smiled "Because you were The Yiling Patriarch!" His answer was simple yet it was not so and my hold against Wei tightens. I was worried that somewhere at the end of this fiasco, this revelation will affect my Wei.

Jiang Cheng’s voice was drenched with hatred, "You scoundrel!!!"

At this Su She smiled coldly "Back then I cursed Jin Zixun because I could. I never liked him. Whenever we met, he used to look down on me."

The more I looked at this situation and assessed it, it seems more absurd. Revenge was sought simply because of arrogance.  

A moment later Wei looks laughs "It’s you isn't it? You were ever present to create all sorts of troubles be it in Biling Lake, or at Muaxi Mountain who pushed Mian Mian?" Wei's sudden burst of laughter causes deep concern for me. 

"Wei Ying?" I whisper and his eyes seek mine. They're pained yet he smiles "Lan Zhan, it all makes sense now!" 

"What?" I enquire calmly though I am anything but calm. 

He explains "Jin ZiXun often treated everyone with disregard. During such times when people often attended banquets it was impossible for Su She not to run into Jin ZiXun. Su She would have definitely held some grudge against Jin Zixun. If so, the reason behind Jin ZiXun being cursed with a Hundred Holes had nothing to do with me" Wei smiles sadly "but in the end I was the one who had to give up my life".