Yi City

"Lan Zhan" Wei Ying calls for my attention as we walk the path shown by the hand "where does this place lead to?"

Looking around the eeriness I can guess few places, but before I could suggest, we come across a village and there are few women  looking at us curiously.

Winking at me, Wei Ying walks over to them, at first they look pretty apprehensive but later, they relax and start giggling as ... Is he flirting with them?

I blink.

This man is never going to change, is he? Lan Wangji, you have fallen not for the diabolical king but for a pretentious flirt. I sigh.

Maybe this is also the first time, I am looking at him under a different light. What makes his so approachable? I look at his face, his smile and his eyes. I realise, it's none of the above. People aren't comfortable with him because of his contours. Please are comfortable with him, inspite of all that.

But that does not mean he can flirt with everyone! I sigh and wait for him to join me. In the meanwhile, I find some random pebble and roll them around under my shoe.

I closely observe them looking at me and smiling. Exhausted with his antics, I am about to drag him away, when he suddenly takes out the rouge he had purchased from the Charlton near Xinglu Ridge and hands it over to them. Giggling, they leave and he walks towards me with a grin.

I am not feeling good about this. I try to look away when his grin widens "What happened Lan Zhan? You don't look too well!"

"You gave them the rouge" I look at him with mock dissatisfaction and he laughs "Yes Lan Zhan, I had to. That's the rule, when you seek help, you need to reward them. If it was from before, I would have given them money or some precious stones but I don't have anything right now".

You have me!

"You could have given them money" I comment as he turns to look at me "Lan Zhan, I can't. The money is yours" and unable to keep quiet, I assert "what's mine is yours" and his eyes widen.

(A/n: insert WangXian ost hehe)

"Um" he looks away "Hanguang-Jun" he clears his throat and I look at his back. Shaking my head, I change the topic "What did they say?"

"They said that this path leads to Yi City" he looks back at me "shall we?"

"Hm" for some reason I don't delve into the unpleasantness. Walking by this side, being granted this second chance, I need to be happy with what I can get.

Standing in front of the gate, the eeriness around us increases

Standing in front of the gate, the eeriness around us increases. The gates are loose from the hinges and creaks even with the slightest breeze that touches it. Entering the village I command "Stay close" the fog around us starts to thicken and almost engulfs us.