Body Image/Double Standards/Society and Media

So my beautiful twin heartrain31259 was the full inspiration for this rant today. She recently uploaded a chapter to her rant book that I thought was super interesting and accurate. If you haven't read it yet, I'll dedicate this chapter to her and try to link it in the external link but that doesn't always work.

Anyways, I just think it's really stupid how many double standards we have in society. I mean, girls are basically supposed to act like sluts but still be cute and "innocent". And we're supposed to be outgoing and easy to talk to but still be shy and play hard to get.

And it doesn't stop at girls. Guys are expected to be fit and buff and play sports, show no emotion and basically just be strong. They are supposed to be the breadwinners but still have time for family.

In reality, everybody's perfect in their own way, and that may be overused but I'm going to keep saying it until everyone believes it. And if anyone says anything different, punch them.

No don't actually. You'll probably get in trouble. bad idea.

Better idea: ignore them. Their opinion is worthless and means nothing to you.

I also hate how everyone is always like: "I can't believe what society has done to girls today. I can't believe what the media is saying about guys. Society is horrible. The media is terrible. They both need to change."

News flash people: we are society. We are the media!!!! So if they need to change, that means we need to change.

If we stop listening, the magazine people and tv people and instagram people and all the people won't have an audience to control anymore. Therefore their worthless opinions will be exactly that: worthless.

And we are society. Literally, each and everyone of us is apart of society. So instead of just complaining about it all the time, it's about time we start to change it!

And then there's body image. People always say "everyone is beautiful" and "everyone is perfect in their own way" so it's about time we start to believe it.

Let's face it, not even a super model is going to love every single thing about themselves. There's always going to be that one eyebrow or whatever that seems unappealing. But just because you don't love everything about yourself doesn't mean you can't be confident in your own body!!!! If you have confidence in yourself, trust me, people are going to notice. It makes a huge difference.

And smileeeeeeee. Smiling makes everyone look 10000000000000x better. just saying.

"Congratulations, you're alive. If that's not something to smile about, I don't know what is!"

Just remember-somebody loves you!!!

xoxo Emmalynn