you told me that you hate me

title: COFFIN ft eminem - jessie reyez

elizabeth's POV

there are a several POV changes in this chapter, just so you know

------------------------------------------

i wake up to bear licking my face and smile. i kiss his nose and sit up, grabbing my phone from the nightstand beside me. i see several notifications and start at imessages.

mumsies 😋

I hope you're having fun sweetie!

i am, thank you so so much

i scroll down and reply to a few of my friends that texted me and see a text from a familiar number. my breath hitches and i turn off my phone. i can't deal with that today. i get up and bear jumps off the bed, letting me make it. i change into different clothes and grab my phone, shoving it in my pocket, walking out to the kitchen. i find elle making breakfast and sit on one of the barstools. "hey liz, how'd you sleep?" she asks cheerfully.

"pretty good" i shrug, placing my phone face up on the counter. "is billie still asleep?" i ask. "she was when i woke up. can you go check on her? don't worry, she's dressed." she answers, looking down at the fruit she is cutting up. "promise?" i ask. "promise" she laughs. i sigh in relief and walk to elle's bedroom.

------------------------------------------------

elle's POV

i hear a ding and see elizabeth's phone light up. i know i shouldn't be snooping but i assume it's mum and pick it up. i see a notification and tap on it, opening a message from a familiar name. maybe it's just someone with the same name.

ethan

hey e. i just thought i'd let you
know, i'm cured. i'm healthy now
and i'm still thinking of you. please
text me back.

seriously. i need to talk to you. respond
or call me as soon as possible. please.

my eyes go wide and i hear footsteps approaching the kitchen. i quickly exit out of the messages and turn off her phone, placing it exactly where she left it. i continue chopping up the fruit right before elizabeth and billie enter. "hello beautiful" billie greets me. "goodmorning angel" i fake a smile and peck our lips together. "what's wrong?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows a little. "i um... we'll talk about it later." i whisper, seeing her nod in response. elizabeth picks up her phone and checks her notifications. "please excuse me." she groans and walks out of the room. once she's gone i put the knife down and face billie. "okay, it was an accident but when elizabeth went to go check on you she got a notification and i checked it. it was from ethan. he's cured and wants to talk to elizabeth." i explain in a quick whisper. "what do you think it's about?" billie asks. "he better be fucking apologizing for breaking my little sisters heart" i raise my eyebrows a little and she giggles. "absolutely. when you told me what happened i wanted to fly to england and beat a bitch ass" she agrees. "but then i realized one, he has cancer and two he's a minor" she adds. "thank you for not going to jail for beating up a minor of a cancer patient" i laugh a little and kiss the top of her head. "you're welcome" she responds proudly.

-----------------------------------------------

elizabeth's POV

i get a call from ethan and hesitate to answer it. i set up my phone on the desk in the guest bedroom and pick up bear for emotional support before answering the call. his face appears and he smiles a little. i don't know if it's because he's happy i answered or because he sees bear. i assume it's because he sees bear. "e, i'm so glad you answered. i've been debating whether or not to call you because i thought you wouldn't answer." he explains. "what do you want ethan?" i ask with a blank expression, trying to be as intimidating as possible like billie taught me. "the thing is- i guess.... okay well.... okay hear me out-" he stalls until i finally cut him off. "get to the fucking point or i'm hanging up." i threaten with the same expression, trying to hold onto the eye contact that we share no matter how much i want to look away. billie says it's a sign of weakness to be the one that breaks off eye contact. "listen, i was wrong. and stupid. i should've never let you go." he sighs. "elaborate." i order. "i shouldn't have been so ignorant and rude. i should've supported you. i never should've broken up with you for such a dumb reason. i was just scared. i'm sorry." he tells me, his voice breaking a little as he finally looks away from me. 

i know it's just because i posted about my surgery yesterday. 

but i can't help it.

i was so in love with him.

"you're just saying this because i finally got surgery and now you find it not as weird." i scold him. "that's not it at all! i don't care about the surgeries. i don't care about what's on the outside. i care about your personality, your sense of humor, i care about you e." he denies. "don't call me that. you lost that privilege when you fucking told me you hate me and that i disgusted you and broke up with me over text just because i wanted to open up and tell you something important" i say in a strict bitch tone with the same glare. "i'm sorry. but i want you to know that i never, never stopped loving you. i need you elizabeth. just think about it." he pleads. "okay. i gotta go." i tell him and hang up, begging myself not to throw my phone across the room and cry. 

that's weak. 

i'm not weak.

i'm a bad bitch you can't kill me.

okay but maybe i should hear him out.