happy birthday

title: party favor - billie and finneas

elle's POV

-------------------------------

today is billie's birthday and i'm now ten days pregnant. i started having morning sickness a few days ago but it's not as bad as billie thinks it is. anyway, billie is still asleep right now so i'm going to make her breakfast in bed. i get out of bed slowly so i don't wake up billie and walk to the kitchen. i get all the ingredients out and set them on the counter before grabbing a bowl.

about an hour and three trips to the bathroom to throw up and brush my teeth later, i'm finally finished with the food. i put everything on a tray and pour a glass of orange juice, carefully taking it all to billie and i'd room. it looks like she's about to wake up so i set the tray on the desk. i lay beside her and press our lips together until she wakes up and kisses me back with a small smile. "happy birthday beautiful" i say once we break off the kiss. "thank you" she responds in that adorable baby voice. "i made breakfast" i tell her standing up and grabbing the tray. she smiles and sits up as i bring it over to her and set it on her lap. "you really didn't have to do this elle" she frowns. "i wanted to" i assure her. "now eat up, i need to go clean everything up" i order. "no, no, no" she shakes her head and grabs my arm, pulling me back down to the bed. "stay here until i'm done and then i'm going to help you clean up" she demands. "fine" i give in, knowing she's not going to let me say no.

once billie is done i start to grab the tray from her but she pulls it away and stands up. "let me clean up, i just want you to relax" she orders and kisses my forehead. "bil, it seems you've forgotten i'm only ten days pregnant. i can still do stuff" i remind her and stand up, walking to the kitchen with her following me. "whatever you say" she shrugs. 

we finish cleaning up the kitchen and we sit on the couch in the living room. "finn and claudia are going to be here soon so we can give you your presents" i explain. "i told you not to get me a present" she groans. "i know, but i didn't listen" i shrug. "elle, you're carrying my baby. that's a better present than anything" she tells me and lays her head on my lap. "than think of it this way, me giving you a present is making me happy. don't you want me to be happy?" i ask. "of course" she nods. "than let me give you a present" this goes on for a few more minutes until finneas and claudia arrive with presents in their hands. 

"happy birthday billie" finneas smiles and hugs her. "i can't believe you're twenty. old ass" finneas laughs. "you're twenty four finneas." she reminds him. "oh shit you're right." his eyes widen, making us laugh. "happy birthday! this one is from finn and i and then the others are from elle" claudia explains, placing the presents down. "you guys really didn't have to do this" she tells us. "how many times do i have to tell you, we wanted to" i roll my eyes and laugh a little. i hand her one of the presents and she opens it with a small smile. 

after about an hour maggie and patrick come over and give billie her presents. throughout the day friends drop by and give billie more presents. billie said she didn't want a birthday party this year because she didn't want to stress me out with all the planning and stuff. she says i'm probably already stressed with the pregnancy and everything going on right now and she doesn't want to add to it.

once everyone leaves i get the cake out of the fridge and put the candles on it. we decided we wanted it to just be us for the cake. she wanted it to be more intimate because with everyone else here it wouldn't be as good as it would be just the two of us. obviously that made my heart melt. i light the candles and dim all the lights. "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear billie, happy birthday to you." i sing quietly, watching her smile as i bring the cake over to her. she blows out the candles and i smile. "what'd you wish for?" i ask. "i can't tell you or it won't come true" she laughs a little. "fair enough. did you have a good day?" i ask. "yeah" she nods. i cut up the cake and we both have a few pieces as we watch a show in the living room. 

today was a good day