i'm sorry

title: COPYCAT - billie and finneas

billie's POV

-----------------------------------------------

i still feel like i need to make it up to elle. i feel so bad for snapping at her like i did. i took all my stress and anger out on her and that wasn't okay. 

"i'll be back soon." i tell elle. "where are you going?" she asks. "it's not important. i'll be back in like fifteen minutes." i answer. "okay." she responds with a semi-upset look. i hug her and kiss the top of her head. "i love you" i say. "love you too." she replies blankly. i kiss each of the babies and walk out to the garage. 

i'm wearing all black so hopefully i'll be alright. i get out of the car and put my hood up over my head, slipping my sunglasses on as well,  before walking into the store. the parking lot is pretty empty because it's a sunday and people are at church or some shit. i grab a basket and walk around the store, getting all of elle's favorite foods and candies, along with some flowers and a movie. i go to the self check out and right as i'm about to leave i hear someone yell my name. 

how the fuck did they know it's me?

i turn around and see a teenage girl, probably fifteen or sixteen. "are you billie eilish?" she asks. "hello love. i gotta ask you to keep your voice down please. i'm trying to get home to my wife." i whisper. "got it. can i get a quick picture with you please?" she asks. she looks like she's about to cry just by being in my presence so i can tell she really wants this and she's not just in it for the hype. "of course" i nod. an older woman who i assume is her mom takes the girls phone and i take my sunglasses off and put my arm around the girl. we pose together and the woman takes our picture. the girl wipes her eyes for probably the tenth time and i hug her. "you'll be alright. i'm just a person. it was so great to meet you but i really gotta get home to my family." i rush. "i love you billie" she sniffles. "i love you too" i smile and wave to them as i start to make my way back to the car. 

once i get home i grab the bags from the passenger's seat and walk inside. "you went to the store? alone? you know how dangerous that is" elle lectures me. "just open the bags" i laugh and hand them to her. "i know i fucked up and i feel so bad about it. and i know you forgave me last night but i still feel super horrible." i explain. "thank you billie. this was really sweet. and trust me, it's okay. we've both been really stressed and sometimes emotions slip out. it's okay." she assures me. she pulls me into a hug and i hug her back. "i love you." i tell her. "i love you too bear" she responds. just as she calls me that, bear runs over to us and slows down once he gets closer to the kids. "hello buddy" i smile and greet him, scratching behind his ear. he licks my face and i laugh a little. "we have to get to finn and claudia's in a few hours. i just thought i'd remind you. it seems really important" elle informs me. "alright. did claudia say anything about it?" i ask. "she just said they have big news" she shrugs. "huh. weird." i furrow my eyebrows a little but shrug it off.