magical mystery ride

title: all of me - john legend

billie's POV

-------------------------------------

i hear my phone ringing and pick it up, seeing that elle is calling. i answer it with a smile and start to say hello but she cuts me off. "i did something bad." she tells me. "elle what did you do?" i sigh and start to put my shoes on, knowing she's going to ask me to come. "okay well i'm in the dean's office right now which i never thought would happen but here we are" she starts. "get to the point angel" i rush her. "okay well here's what happened." she says and explains that she got in a fight with a girl in one of her classes. i immediately assumed it was jess but she goes on to tell me that jess defended her. "i didn't really pay any attention to it though. anyway," she continues. "so let me get this straight, you poured coffee on a girl's chair because she was asking for her spot?" i ask. "well-" she begins but i interrupt. "from the way that you explained it, it sounds like she deserved it. am i supposed to come get you or what?" i ask. "i don't know. the dean is asking to speak with you." she tells me. "okay, put him on." i groan. 

"is this mrs o'connell?" he asks. "yes sir, i assume you want me to apologize for my wife's actions or something? what do i need to do?" i ask. "your wife is obviously having problems here at school. we're going to have to have her finish the rest of the year online. she was thriving when she was doing online classes so we think we'll just have her finish her classes at home." he explains and i hear elle scream happily. "sorry" her little voice apologizes and my heart melts. "that's perfect. do i need to do anything else or was that it?" i ask. "that was it. we just need your 'okay' on this" he answers. "if that's what elle wants then that's what i want. you don't have to ask for my permission. elle is her own person, i don't control what she does." i shrug. "perfect. thank you mrs o'connell. elle will be having classes for the rest of the day and then the rest are online." he tells me. "okay. thank you. can i talk to her?" i ask. "of course" he agrees. after a few seconds elle's voice greets me and i smile. "i'm so happy for you elle, this is what you wanted" i remind her. "i know, i gotta go but i'll see you tonight. i love you" she responds. "i love you too"

that girl is going to be the death of me, but i love her more than life itself. 

i can't believe she's going to be home with me all the time now. 

maybe i could convince her to get pregnant.

she won't have to go to the university so it'll be okay. 

and i have enough time to take care of the baby when she does her classes.

it'd be perfect.

i should ask her tonight.

----------------------------------------

elle's POV

i get through all my classes and i start walking out to my car when i feel someone grab my arm. "oh, hey" i smile a little as i see jess holding onto my forearm gently. she lets go and lets her hand fall to her side. "i just wanted to say that um.... i'm really sorry. i didn't mean to ruin our friendship." she sighs. "hey, it's not your fault. i'm glad you told me. billie was just being overprotective and i'm so sorry that she made that choice." i respond. "so you're not mad at me?" she asks. "there's no reason i should be, right?" i answer. "i guess not. i heard about billie by the way. i can't help but assume it's my fault and i feel so bad about that. let me make it up to you guys." she tells me. "it wasn't your fault. if anything it was mine. i left her alone and i shouldn't have. listen i really gotta go" i rush and unlock my car. "oh. i guess i'll see you later. and by the way, good job with quinn. she definitely deserved that. she's a bitch" she laughs a little. "thank you for sticking up for me. i'll see you around." i say and get in the car. "see you." she waves a little and i drive off, only turning on my music and texting billie that i'm on my way home when i reach a stop sign.

once i get home all the lights are off and there are candles everywhere. there are rose petals on the ground in a trail so i follow them to the kitchen. billie is standing in front of the table with a bouquet of flowers in her hand and she's dressed fancy. bear is sitting beside her with a bow tie on as they both smile at me. there is a candle lit dinner on the table behind billie and there is soft music playing in the background. "billie" i cover my mouth in surprise and hug her. she sets the flowers down on the table and hugs me back. "i can't believe you did this" i frown once i pull away. "anything for you beautiful." she says with a small smile. "what do you want?" i ask in suspicion. usually if she does something like this she either wants something or she did something she isn't proud of. "just sit down." she shakes her head and laughs a little. she pulls me seat out for me and sits on the other side of the table. "what's all this about billie?" i ask, looking around the room in awe. "i just wanted to ask you something." she answers. "you do know i'm already your wife right?" i ask and we laugh a little. "yeah and i'm so happy that you are. but i'm not proposing." she shakes her head and giggles. i gesture for her to start and she sighs and looks down, getting ready to tell me. "you can tell me billie." i remind her, holding her hand from across the table.  "i know we said we were going to wait until you were out of school but i just can't wait any longer." she starts. she hands me a box and i furrow my eyebrows a little. i open it to see a binky in the place a ring would be. "elle evans, i love you with all my heart. our relationship has been an amazing mystery of a rollercoaster and i never want to get off. i'm ready for the next step and i hope you are as well. so i'm praying you say yes to what i'm about to ask you. will you have my baby? now?" she asks hopefully. "yes" i nod happily. she stands up and scoops me out of my seat, hugging me tightly. "you have no idea how happy you just made me" she tells me, making me laugh a little. "i'm a million times happier." i whisper against her and hug her back. she pulls away from the hug and presses our lips together. once we break off the kiss i see tears streaming down her cheeks and wipe mine away. "happy tears." i sniffle and brush my thumb against her cheek to wipe her tears away. "me too." she smiles.