saved

title: saved - khalid

billie's POV

-----------------------------------------

they quickly cut the umbilical cord and unwrap it from his neck. dr nichols hands the baby to one of the nurses and they rush him off. "where's he going?" i ask. "they just need to make sure he's okay." he answers and follows them. "is he okay?" elle asks with a look of pure worry. "i don't know angel." i sniffle, on the verge of tears. one of the nurses comes back with both of the other babies in her arms. she hands me the boy and the girl to elle. "we're doing everything we can. this may take a little while." she tells us with a look of sorrow before turning. "wait" elle stops her. "is he going to be okay?" she asks. "his heart has stopped beating. like i said, we're doing everything we can." she repeats. elle bursts into tears and i comfort her. "look at this guy. these are your children. just think about them." i say, showing her the baby i'm holding. she sniffles and wipes her tears away, looking down at the baby she's holding. "she looks just like you." i tell her. "i hope he's okay." she sighs. "me too." i nod. 

after about twenty minutes doctor nichols comes in with a bundle in his arms. "we saved him." he tells me. he hands him to elle and she sobs once again. she hands me the girl and holds the boy close to her. "thank you so much" she says to the doctor. "let's get you back to your room." he suggests. i hand her the girl and keep the other boy in my arms, admiring him.

we get back to the room and see that everyone is still sitting around. "hey guys" elle says with a small smile. amelia gasps and walks over to us happily. "you can hold them but you gotta use hand sanitizer" elle tells her, knowing her mom will definitely want to hold them. amelia nods and puts some hand sanitizer on her hands. "which one?" amelia asks. "i'm gonna spend some time with this guy for a minute." elle says, looking down at the boy. amelia takes the girl out of her arms and smiles. "she's beautiful. she looks just like you" amelia says to elle. "thank you" elle laughs a little. i take the boy from elle and claudia helps her into bed before i hand him back to her. "have you decided on names yet?" finneas asks. "we have a very long list. we wanted to meet them first but i know one name we've chosen." elle answers. "so guys, this is finneas" elle announces, showing everyone the boy baby she is holding. i see finneas's eyes light up and he smiles. "thank you guys so much" he says, tears welling up in his eyes. "i promised you" i laugh a little and he side hugs me. "do you want to hold one of them?" i ask. "absolutely" he nods. he puts hand sanitizer on and takes the baby from my hands. at this point the girl has gone from amelia to my mom. my dad is standing behind her and they both look down at her with wide smiles. "billie, he's opening his eyes" elle tells me. i look down and watch as he opens his eyes. "i told you they'd be blue" elle laughs a little. his eyes are absolutely  gorgeous. i can already tell that when he's older he's going to be told that he has my eyes. "we made this" i giggle. "yeah" elle sniffles.

after about an hour madison and elizabeth have fallen asleep on the couches and elle is asleep as well. the babies were taken to the nursery for the night so that we could get some sleep. "we're gonna head home" finneas announces. "alright. we'll see you tomorrow" i smile and hug him. "love you guys" i whisper as they leave. "we'd better leave as well" amelia says, looking down at the girls. "alright. have a good night" i say and hug her. she wakes up elizabeth and madison after pulling away and they walk out. my mom and dad leave about ten minutes after and i lay beside elle on the bed. i kiss her forehead and wrap my arms around her.

i'm a fucking mama

i'm so happy