shower

title: shower - becky g (i couldn't think of anything else)

billie's POV

-------------------------------

today is the baby shower. we've been putting it off for a while and telling claudia we weren't ready but elle's due date is getting closer and closer so we don't have much time. amelia, elizabeth, my mom, my dad, finneas and claudia have been working on the nursery for the passed few weeks so we don't have to worry about it. they actually finished it yesterday and to be honest it looks amazing. all elle and i had to do is sketch it out. i tried to give them my credit card so they could go to the store and spend my money on everything they need to get but they declined. they said that we should just consider the nursery as their present. 

i help elle get dressed because she can't really do it by herself anymore. she's been needing my help for almost everything lately and i'm not complaining. i like taking care of her and i have to remind her that almost five times a day. once we're both ready we get out to the living room and people start to arrive. claudia planned the entire party so we don't really know what to expect or who's invited. 

after a while of greeting everyone claudia stands at the front of the room and gets everyone's attention. "ladies and gentleman" she says in a fancy voice, making a laugh hover over the crowd of everyone that's in the living room and kitchen. "we're going to start with the presents" she announces. elle and i have been sitting on the couch for most of the party, letting people approach us. elle told me i could go talk to other people but i wanted to stay with her because i didn't want to leave her side which obviously made her tear up. i know she's going to be a mess this entire party but it's kind of adorable if i'm being honest. 

after about an hour of everyone giving us presents people start to leave. eventually it's just my parents, elle's family, finneas, claudia, elle and i. "we're gonna go put this stuff away, okay?" amelia says. "i can help with that you know" elle tells them. "no, no. you're probably exhausted. we'll take care of this, go relax" dad says with a smile. "aw, thank you patrick" elle pouts and puts her hands over her heart. "come on baby" i laugh a little and help her up from the couch. i hold onto one of her hands and wrap my free arm around her waist. like i said, she's been needing my help a lot recently.

once she's in bed i drape the blankets over her and lay beside her. "you wanna watch a show until you fall asleep or do you just want to listen to music?" i ask. "i wanna watch a show" she answers. "okay. what do you feel like watching?" i question. "the office" she answers in a 'duh' tone. i laugh a little and turn on the office, letting her lay her head on my shoulder. i kiss the top of her head and lay mine on hers, resting my hand on her stomach.