2 years old

title: for the low pt 2 - lil bibby

elle's POV

*i really can't think of anything to write so we boutta skip to the second birthday lmao*

don't you guys love all these fucking time skips?

me too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"good morning beautiful" i yawn, just barely waking up. "good morning angel" billie responds in a raspy voice. the sun shines through a crack in the curtains and billie groans, stretching her entire body. "what time is it?" i ask. billie grabs her phone from her nightstand and blinks a few times. "8:43" she answers. "how are the kids not up yet?" i furrow my eyebrows. we usually have to wake up at like 5 am because they're already awake. "i don't know. all i know is that i'm not complaining about the extra 4 hours." she shrugs, sitting up and yawning once again. we both get up and walk to the kids room.

i see emory sitting up in her bed, just staring into space. "good morning em, how'd you sleep?" i ask, picking her up. "good" she answers. "what're you doing just staring into space silly?" i ask. "i don't know" she shrugs, making me laugh. "you're just like your mama" i laugh. i look over and see billie has finn in her arms and gray is still asleep. "guess what" i smile, setting emory down. "what?" she asks. "it's your birthday today" i tell her. "really?!" she exclaims. "yep, let's go make breakfast" i suggest, offering her my hand. billie is still talking to finn, bouncing up and down slowly as she speaks with him. "yay" emory claps and takes my hand. she pulls me to the kitchen and grabs her apron from the cabinet. "don't forget the hat!" i remind her and grab the little chef's hat that says her name on it. i place it on her head and she adjusts it.

i know all parents say this about their kids but i honestly think emory might be a genius. she's always been a few steps ahead of her brothers and the other kids her age. she's an amazing talker as well. i can understand everything she says perfectly where as it's kind of difficult to understand finn and gray sometimes. i don't know how she got to be so smart.

she pulls out the stool connected to the counter and stands on it. "i was thinking waffles but it's your birthday so you get to choose" i explain. "cinnamon rolls!" she demands. "let's see what your brothers want. it's their birthday too remember?" i suggest. right as i say this, billie walks out with finn and gray. they are both holding one of her hands but when finn sees me he lets go and runs to me. "hey buddy!" i smile and pick him up as he jumps into my arms. "hi mommy" he greets me happily. "happy birthday" i say and boop his nose. "what do you guys want for breakfast? em says cinnamon rolls" i ask. both finn and gray nod, telling me they agree with her choice. "yes" emory whispers to herself in achievement. "okay, do you guys want to help make them?" i ask. "i think gray is still tired. i'm gonna let him sleep for a little longer" billie says, looking down at him almost falling asleep. the only thing keeping him up is billie holding his hand. "okay" i nod. i set finn down and he runs to the cabinet and grabs his apron and hat. i help him put them on and pull out the other stool for him as well. 

once the cinnamon rolls are done, gray finally wakes up and billie and i get each of them a plate and silverware. we cut their food up into small pieces and get our own food as well. i sit between finn and emory, seeing billie sit down across from me. "so, are you excited to go see grandma maggie and grandpa patrick?" i ask, resulting in them all speaking at once in agreement. 

maggie and patrick are going to take the kids for a few hours so we can get their party set up. they don't know about it yet but i'm sure they'll be excited when they get back. billie wanted to go all out for their party but we ended up deciding to keep it simple with the exception that she gets a bouncy house. 22 and still a whole ass child.

we finish eating and i clean everything up as billie washes their faces. once everything is clean we go back up to the nursery and get them changed into their day clothes. about half an hour later maggie shows up and we say our goodbyes to them. right as they leave we start to get everything ready.

i'm not fucking ready for my house to be filled with two year olds and bitch moms.