imma help a bitch out

title: help a bitch out - snow tha product

i've said this multiple times and i'll said it again, i don't know most of the songs i use as titles. i just look up words i want to use in the title on a website called AZlyrics. it's the thought that counts.

elle's POV
————————————-
"what are we doing mommy?" emory asks. "well, you and i are going to the homeless shelter. and then gray and i will go to the volunteer center tomorrow. then finn and i are gonna go to the retirement home the next day." i explain. "okay mommy" gray smiles. "we're gonna wait until mama gets up though, okay?" i tell her. "okay." she nods.

after about an hour billie walks out and smiles at me. "hello beautiful" she greets me lazily and wraps her arms around my waist. "goodmorning love" i joke and hug her back. "i'm going to take em to the homeless shelter today. can you watch the boys?" i ask. "yeah, i think that'll be good for her. i'll see you when you get back." she agrees. "i love you" i say and kiss billie. "i love you too" she responds. "let's go em" i order, offering her my hand. she sighs and takes my hand. i say goodbye to the boys and get emory in her carseat.

"i'm sorry mrs o'connell, she's too young." the woman tells me once i try to get us in to volunteer. "oh, that's alright. i'll be back in a few days to help out, just me" i explain. "that's great to hear, we'll see you then" she smiles. "it was nice meeting you" i say, picking emory up and resting her on my hip. "it was great meeting you as well" she responds, letting me walk out to the car with those last words. 

"are we going home?" emory asks. "nope" i shake my head. "but they won't let me help" she furrows her eyebrows a little. "i know, but that doesn't mean we're not going to help people in need today. we're going to go food from plant based restaurants and hand it out to people on the streets." i explain. "but what if they don't like it" she asks. "it's the thought that counts em. plus, you're a little girl. they'll take whatever you give them." i shrug. "okay mommy" she nods. 

i order several bags worth of food and emory and i drive around to find people to give it to. "do you see that woman over there? the one with the baby?" i ask. "yeah, are we giving her food?" emory asks. "yep. that's exactly what we're going to do" i answer. i park the car and get two of the bags, handing one to emory. "hello. i'm elle o'connell and this is my daughter emory." i introduce us, seeing the woman stand up. "hello little one. aren't you beautiful?" the woman asks, smiling at emory. "stranger danger" emory screams. "em! i'm sorry, my wife and i are trying to teach our kids not to talk to strangers." i laugh it off, the woman doing the same. "ask her what her name is em" i nudge her gently. "what's your name?" emory asks. "my name is amelia" she answers. "that's my grandma's name!" emory exclaims, jumping up and down. "yeah it is" i nod. "we brought you some food" i tell her, handing her the bag i have. emory walks up to her and hands her the bag she has as well. "thank you so much. god bless you two" amelia smiles brightly. "it's no problem. it was great to meet you amelia but em and i better get going" i say, looking down at emory. "once again, thank you so much. have an amazing day" amelia waves as we walk back to the car. 

we drive around until we're out of food and i pick up some food for our family before driving home. "so? how do you feel em?" i ask once we get to the driveway. "good" she answers, sticking up her thumb with a wide smile. "that's good. it really changes your perspective huh?" i ask, getting her out of her carseat once i park the car. "what that mean?" she asks, tilting her head a little. "it's the way you see something. like.... your mental view. does that make sense?" i question. "nope, but i'll act like it does" she shrugs. 

we walk inside and i see billie on the floor with gray and finn on her lap, pinning her down as bear licks her face. billie, gray and finn are all laughing and i smile to myself. i place the food down and take a picture of all of them. "mama!" emory yells happily, running over and jumping onto her. "dogpile!" i shout and pretend to jump on them, stopping at the last second. i lay beside billie and gray and finn climb onto me. before i know it i'm in the middle of a mess of kids, arms, legs and every other body part. i hear billie laughing madly and look over to see bear licking her face again. i hear paws against the floor and feel something licking me. i look up and see blu licking me. "good boy" i giggle and pet him. billie wraps her arms around all of us and pulls us into a big, laughing group hug. 

i love my family