need some discipline

title: discipline - janet jackson

elle's POV

----------------------------------

"mommy" i hear someone whisper. i groan and roll onto my side, needing to get more sleep. "mommy" the voice repeats. i hear knocking on the door and see billie is still passed out asleep. i blink my eyes open, knowing that one of the kids probably had a bad dream or something. i grab my robe from the closet and put it on, opening the door to find gray about to knock again. "what's up bud?" i ask. "i heard screaming." he answers. "oh um... what do you think it was?" i ask, knowing he heard billie and i. "i don't know but i'm scared. can i sleep in here?" he asks. "can you give mama and i just a second?" i ask. "mhm" he nods. he sits down on the floor and i shut the door. "bil, bil wake up" i order, shaking her gently. "w-what?" she mumbles. "you gotta wake up and get dressed. gray wants to sleep in here" i explain. "ugh, okay" she agrees and gets up. i walk to the closet and get pyjamas for her and i, tossing her some sweatpants and a tank top and getting into mine. "we need to stop being so loud" i tell her as i put my shirt on. "did he hear us?" he asks. "he said he heard screaming so yeah, he heard us" i nod. "damn it" she groans. once we're finished getting dressed i open the door and pick gray up from his spot on the floor. "okay buddy, if you're gonna sleep in here you have to actually sleep. you can't be messing around with mama all night like last time." i explain, placing him next to billie and laying on the other side so he's between us. "okay mommy" he agrees. he snuggles into billie so his back side if facing her and she has her arm around him. i smile at the sight and put my arm around both of them. i kiss both of their heads and close my eyes.

i wake up to giggling in the other room and try to grab billie, my hand hitting the soft sheets beside me where billie's body would normally be. i rub my eyes and sit up, stretching and grabbing my phone. it's about 11 am, i'm surprised the kids didn't wake me up at 5 am. after a few minutes i decide to get up and hear someone knock on the door. billie walks in with a small smile and hugs me. "the kids are playing, i just thought i'd let you sleep a little more" she explains. "you're sweet" i smile and pull her into a kiss. "how'd you sleep?" i ask. "gray woke me up at about 7 or 8 so i'm still kinda tired but i got a lot done so overall, today's been pretty good" she shrugs. "babe, you only got 3 or 4 hours?" i ask. "oh, i guess yeah" she laughs. "no wonder you look so tired. get in" i order, lifting the blankets up. "what about-" she starts but i cut her off. "i'm gonna pay you back and go watch them" i explain. "i can tell you're not going to let me say no and honestly the bed do be looking pretty comfortable" she nods, eyeing her spot on the bed. "i know, now lay down and get some more sleep" i demand. "okay angel" she agrees and does as told. "i love you" i say and kiss her forehead. "i love you too" she yawns.

i walk out to the living room and see all the kids playing with their toys. "i'm sorry mommy." emory tells me, hugging my leg. "it's okay em. but you all need to fix your attitudes. mama and i are trying our hardest and you being mean to us isn't helping. so you know what we're going to do today?" i ask. "what?" emory asks. "today, we're going to go help some people in need. just you and i." i answer. "what about finn and gray?" she asks. "tomorrow is gray and i's day and then the next is finn and i's" i explain.