nights with you

title: angel - finneas

elle's POV

-------------------------------------

"alright guys, let's go" billie announces after we finish getting the kid's jackets on. "are we walking or driving?" i ask. "let's walk" she suggests. "alright, sounds good" i agree. we get the kids in the stroller we got a while ago, it actually fits all of them so that's great, and we put the dogs on their leashes. "okay, i'll take the stoller do you wanna take the dogs?" billie asks. "sure" i not. we walk out the door and make our way to finn and claudia's. 

once we get their we let the dogs outside to go play with peach and take the kids out of the stroller. "hey buddy!" finneas smiles widely and picks finn up. they both smile at each other and i see a wide smile on claudia's face. "how are you guys?" claudia asks, hugging both billie and i. "we're pretty good" i answer, looking over at billie to see her response. "yeah, we're doing alright" she shrugs. "what about you guys?" claudia asks, kneeling down to em and gray's level. they just smile and hug her instead of responding. 

maggie and patrick show up and we sit down for dinner. "so i'm sure you're wondering why you're all here" finneas starts. "we have some big news" claudia says, putting her hand on finneas's shoulder and smiling at him. "claudia's pregnant!" finneas announces happily. "oh my god! that's fantastic!" maggie exclaims and hops up from her seat to hug him. i get up and hug claudia, billie doing the same. "congrats you guys" i say and hug finneas once maggie lets go of him. "how far along are you?" patrick asks once he lets go of claudia. "not very far. we're going to the doctor to find out" she explains. 

after a few hours it starts to get dark so we decide it's time to leave so we don't have to walk home when it's super dark. billie puts the dogs back on their leashes as i get the kids in the stroller. we say our goodbyes and walk out the door. "hey, i love you" i tell billie, kissing her cheek as we walk. "i love you too" she says with a small smile.

ever since billie snapped at me, there's something.... weird about her. she's been distant. and yeah it was only last night but it's strange to see her like this. i'll have to ask her about it later. 

once we get home we put the kids to bed and go to our room. "what's going on bil?" i ask in a concerned tone. "what?" she furrows her eyebrows and laughs a little. "why are you being so distant?" i ask. "i don't know what you're talking about ellie" she says, looking down at her lap to avoid eye contact. "i know you're lying billie. whenever you lie you avoid eye contact or looking at me in general" i tell her. "well, i just feel bad. for yelling at you and everything." she explains. "billie, i said i forgive you." i remind her. "i know. but i shouldn't have let my emotions out on you and you have no idea how bad i feel for doing that." she responds. "you need to talk these emotions out billie. if you're not gonna talk to me we can schedule an appointment with your therapist." i suggest. "it's not that i don't want to talk to you, it's just that i don't want to make you feel bad for me or anything." she says, picking at one of her nails. "bil, you know i'm here for you. i'll put my emotions aside so you can let yours out." i assure her, putting my hand on top of her's. "that's not what i want you to do though. but if you really want me to talk to you then that's what i'll do." she tells me. 

"you shouldn't feel forced to talk to me. i just want to be here for you. that's what i'm here for. you know that." i say, putting my head on her shoulder. "it's all just... a lot. with the kids and my career. i love those kids to death and i love my job but sometimes it's just too much to handle." she explains. "i know baby. it is a lot. but i'm always here for you. we're in this together. and if you need me to take care of the kids while you just have some alone time, that's what i'll do because i know you'd do the same for me." i tell her. "thank you elle. i love you." she sighs and turns on her side, wrapping her arms around my waist. "i love you so much more. trust me." i respond and peck our lips together. she pulls me back into another kiss and i deepen it, knowing what she wants. "let me make you feel good. let me make you forget about everything for just one night." i mumble against her skin as i start kissing her neck. "i'm gonna fuck you so good that you'll forget about all your stress." i whisper in her ear and bite it gently, making her shiver. 

this is gonna be a long night.