family reunion

title: the miller family reunion - mac miller

billie's POV

------------------------------

"okay, everyone will be here at five which is in like half an hour." elle announces. "do we have everything we need for dinner?" she asks, turning to me with a look of worry. "ellie, it's going to be fine. we have everything we need, tonight will go perfectly." i assure her. "i don't know why i'm worried" she laughs it off and walks to the cabinet, putting on her apron and putting her hair into a low ponytail. "how do you not looking like a founding father when you put your hair into a ponytail like that?" madison asks, making us all laugh. "because founding fathers aren't sexy like ellie" i answer. elle spanks my ass with the wooden spoon, smirking as she does so and madison gags. "disgusting." she grimaces and walks away. 

about 20 minutes pass and the front door opens. i look up from the pot i'm stirring and see finneas and claudia walking through the door. finneas is holding will on his hip and claudia has finn in her arms. (i know i said they had grayson but i forgot they had their baby so let's pretend gray went with emory) "claudia!" elizabeth exclaims and runs to her. "wait i have a baby!" claudia stops her and puts finn down. "now we can hug" she says as will looks around the room. "hello finny! look how big you've gotten" amelia smiles widely and picks him up. "gramma!" finn yells and hugs her. "awe" elle mumbles to herself, putting her hands over her heart at their reaction. after a few minutes amelia lets him go and he runs to elle and i. i look down and see finn hug elle's leg, seeing her smile at him. "hey guys, how was bud uncle finneas and aunt claudia's?" i ask. "good!" finn smiles and gives me a thumbs up. i see everyone saying hello and amelia admiring will, holding him on her hip "he's so cute. o'connell babies are adorable" amelia explains. "o'connell babies are adorable. especially this one, and this one" elle agrees as she boops finn and i's noses. "what about em and gray?" finn asks, tilting his head a little. "we all know they adorable as well but they're not here yet" elle reminds him. "where are they?" he pouts, looking around the room. "they're at boppa and grandma's" i tell him. "when will they be here?" he questions. "here finn, try this" elle orders to get him to stop talking. 

a few minutes later the door opens again and i look over to see my parents. "maggie, patrick, it's wonderful to see you" amelia smiles and hugs them both. "where are my grandbabies?" amelia asks, looking around. "gramma!" i hear emory's adorable little voice yell happily. i look over just in time to see amelia crouch down and emory run into her arms, gray hugging amelia soon after. "mommy! mama!" emory exclaims and runs to us the second amelia lets her go. "mama" gray smiles up at me, trying to get me to pick him up. "what about me?" elle frowns. i pick him up and he grabs onto one of my chains, whipping it up and down at laughing. "okay buddy, let's calm down" i laugh and take the chain out of his hands. "go to mommy" i order, handing grayson to her and picking up emory. "how was it? did you have so much fun?" i ask, resting her on my hip. "yes! we played games and sang songs and took a nap in your old room and-" she continues for i don't know how long and i listen intently. 

"can i hold her?" elizabeth asks. "sure, she might talk your ear off though. just so you know" i warn her and hand emory to her. "what's up em, it's been a while" i hear elizabeth say as i start walking back over to elle. "alright, now that emory is with elizabeth i can help." i explain and put my hair into a low ponytail. i roll up my sleeves and do everything elle tells me to. 

once dinner is ready elizabeth helps set the table and everyone sits down. "okay, i'd like to start off by saying how happy i am that we're all together again" elle announces. "i can't think of anything to say now so.... let's just eat" elle shrugs, making everyone laugh and agree. i get the kids food and cut it up into small pieces. "here let me help" elle orders, grabbing grayson's plate as i work on finn's. "thank you" i tell her in a baby voice, making her laugh a little. "so what's the plan for the rest of the week?" dad asks. "we tried to write it all out last night but we couldn't really. i guess we'll need some help" i answer. "i have a whole list of stuff i want to see. most of it is stuff we didn't get to see last time but a lot of it is just my favorite places here" elizabeth explains. 

for the rest of dinner we talk about what we plan to do while elle's family is here. it's kinda hard to figure out what to do when you have four kids, unless we get a sitter of the triplets and will. but then again we don't really know who we can trust and there's four of them for god's sake. that's a lot to put on a person. 

all i know is that this week will be.... eventful.