watermelon

title: watermelon sugar - harry styles

billie's POV

i didn't want to write finneas and claudia's wedding, sorry

------------------------------------------

elle is now 12 weeks along and her belly is starting to get bigger. it looks like she's about 18 weeks. they say that a triplet pregnancy size-wise can be anything from 8-10 weeks ahead. we decided that it'd be better to announce it than to have people figure it out on their own and think we're hiding it. today is february 28th and we found out that triplets usually only take 32-36 weeks. she's a third of the way along so far and i know she just wants it to be over. she has been throwing up everyday, having weird cravings, yesterday she cried because we were watching a show and the popcorn fell over and got all over the bed. 

"okay, are you sure you're ready to announce it?" i ask. "yeah" she nods. i kiss her forehead and take out my phone, starting a live video. i prop my phone up on the nightstand beside elle's side of the bed and lay down next to her as people start joining. "hey guys, it's billie and my beautiful wife" i say, seeing the comments erupting. i put my hand on elle's stomach and run it up and down, making her smile. "so, we have an announcement to make" elle explains. i read one of the comments that stands out and laugh. OH MY GOD ELLE'S PREGNANT!!!! "i suppose you guys can guess what it is" i smile and kiss elle's stomach. the comments all say that elle is pregnant and we smile at each other. "yes, yes. elle is pregnant. there are three babies in there y'all. three!" i laugh and poke her stomach gently. "i'm glowing right" elle says sarcastically. "so beautiful" i mumble and kiss her forehead. "we just thought we'd announce it before you guys found out on your own. let us know some baby names you come up with. i'm hoping for at least one boy" i tell them. "if we have a girl what're we gonna name it? fiona?" elle laughs, reminding me of the time we talked about it in the bathtub in her old room. "we're planning to name one of them after finneas, don't tell him." i whisper to the phone and everyone freaks out. "i'm hungry" elle frowns. "i'll get you whatever you want baby and other babies" i assure her and rub her stomach once again. "i'm gonna hop off live and get some food for elle, remember not to tell finneas it's a surprise" i remind them and end the live. 

"what do you want to eat?" i ask. "i want chalk" she says, starting to tear up. "you can't eat chalk elle." i tell her. "i know but i want it so bad" she tells me, tears beginning to stream down her face. "elle, i know that's what you want and i'm sorry but you can't eat chalk" i repeat. at this point she's sobbing because all she wants to eat is chalk but she knows she can't. her hormones are getting the best of her and i feel really bad about it but i can't feed my wife and our babies chalk. "how about i get you some fruit?" i offer. "watermelon." she frowns. "okay angel. i'll go get you some watermelon. i'm gonna have claudia go get it so you're not alone. is that alright?" i ask. "mhm" she nods. "do you want anything else?" i question. "chalk!" she sobs. 

after about half an hour claudia arrives with a watermelon and some snacks. "can i go talk to her?" she asks. "yeah but be careful, her hormones are horrible right now. i don't know what will set her off." i whisper. "noted" she nods and walks to elle and i's room with the watermelon in her arms. i follow close behind, hoping elle doesn't throw the watermelon and anyone. it wouldn't be the first time she's thrown food in anger. 

"hey elle, i brought you a watermelon and some snacks" claudia says in a soft tone like she's talking to a child. "claudia" elle smiles and holds her arms open so claudia will hug her. claudia laughs a little and hugs elle. "i love you so much" elle tells her. "i love you to elle. now i'm gonna go cut this up-" claudia starts but elle stops her. "no. give it to me." elle orders. "i will i'm just gonna go-" claudia tries to explain but is interrupted once again. "claudia. give me the watermelon or i swear to god i will take it from you and break it over your head." she threatens. claudia's eyes widen and she hands elle the watermelon. "thank you" elle smiles and kisses claudia's forehead. "i'd leave. shit's about to get real." i whisper in claudia's ear. "i'm gonna go, but i love you" claudia announces. "i love you too claudia, tell finneas i love him. i miss finneas" elle frowns. "i'll let him know" claudia nods and walks out the door. "here angel, let me go cut this up for you" i demand, trying to be as nice as possible. "i can do it myself" she insists. "elle you need to stay in bed" i remind her. "fine." she groans and hands me the watermelon. 

i take it into the kitchen and start cutting it up. "BILLIE" i hear elle call from our room. i put down the knife and walk to our room. "don't cut it into the triangles. i know how i want it so let me do it." she orders. "okay fine. come on." i sigh and help her out of bed and to the kitchen. turns out she just wanted it cut in half so she could eat out of the shell or whatever it is. i start to put the other half away but she stops me. "don't put it away, i want that one too" she demands. 

long story short she ate an entire watermelon by herself.