me and your mama

title: me and your mama - childish gambino

elle's POV

-------------------------------

"okay so today you're gonna stay home with me. uncle finneas is coming over too but mommy, grandma, elizabeth and madison are going to leave for a bit okay?" billie explains. "okay mama" finn agrees with that adorable smile. "i love you guys so much, i'll be back in a few hours." i tell them, hugging each of them individually. "love you mommy" emory says, kissing my cheek. "i love you too angel" i smile and kiss the top of her head. they each say they love me and i stand up to hug billie. "so i'll be back in a few hours. how long do you think?" i ask, turning back to my mum. "i guess we'll just have to see" elizabeth shrugs. "text me if you need anything. emor-" i start but billie cuts me off. "ellie, i'm their mom too remember? finneas and i can handle this. you go have fun and relax." billie laughs. "i love you so much" i frown and hug her. "i love you too" she responds and kisses me. "bye guys" i wave as we walk out the door. "so, where are we going?" madison asks. "i know just the place" i smile and lead them to the car.

"okay, the first stop is the grammy museum" i announce, pulling into the parking lot. "holy crap really?" madison asks in utter disbelief. "you do realize my wife is a grammy winner right?" i remind her as i get out of the car. "true, true." madison nods. "hurry up grandma" i yell to mum as everyone else gets out of the car before her. "what did you just call me?" she asks. "you're a grandma, remember?" i laugh, pulling them inside eagerly.

"that was awesome" madison says as we walk back out to the car. "i know" i smile proudly at my idea. "where are we going next?" mum asks. "it's a surprise" i tell her, wiggling my shoulders. "i swear to god if i'm going to get hurt or scared in any way, tell me now or face the consequences." mum threatens. "you'll be fine" i wave it off and pull out of the parking lot.

"no. no. no. no." mum shakes her head as i talk to the receptionist. "yeah, four for the slide. it should be under o'connell." i explain. "elle?" she asks. "yes ma'am." i nod. "perfect, we've been expecting you" she smiles. "go to the elevator and tell the man where you're going. he'll get you up there and they will explain everything to you. have a fantastic time" she explains. "thank you" i say and pull everyone to the elevator.

we get up and mum clutches the bar in front of her. "why are you holding on so tight? we're fine" i laugh. "put look how high up we are" she points out. "we're safe. i promise" i giggle. "come on, we're going down the slide" i order, pulling her over to the small line. "no! that shit's made of glass it could break and i could die! do you want your mother to die?!" mum asks dramatically. "i'll go with you mum" madison smiles at her. "like your tiny ass is going to protect me" mum jokes. "you know what? nevermind. elizabeth, want to be partners?" madison asks. "hell yeah! partners!" elizabeth agrees and high fives her. "looks like it's you and me mumsie" i smile and put my arm around her. "i hate you." she glares at me. "come on, it'll be fun" i assure her. "be careful!" mum yells as elizabeth and madison get on the slide. "ma'am, they will be perfectly fine. trust me" the man next to the slide tells her. "oh because hearing it from a stranger will surely make me believe it." mum mumbles. "see, they're fine" i point to her. "oh." mum laughs a little. "let's go" i order, pulling her to it. i get onto the slide with mum sitting between my legs. "go ahead" the man nods at us. i push off and mum starts screaming the entire way down. "that was awesome" i laugh once we get to the bottom. "i guess it wasn't that bad." mum shrugs.

we hang out there for a little longer, exploring the rest of the stuff they have and eventually leave. "okay, this is the last stop before lunch and then we're going home." i tell them as i park in a bookstore parking lot. "holy shit this place is awesome" elizabeth says in awe as we walk inside. "i know right?" i laugh as they all look around. "alright, do we want to split up or stay together?" i ask. "stay together, this is like our last day with you so we gotta soak it all up" elizabeth answers. "sounds good" i shrug.

we each got several books and drove to a cafe close by. we each order and try to figure out something to talk about. "so i have some news." mum announces. "what's going on?" i ask. "so i know you know james and i got engaged." she starts. "did you get married without me there?" i ask. "no! no. but the wedding is sooner than i expected. it's the week after next week." mum explains. "will you be able to make it?" she asks hopefully.