the surprise

title: someone like you - adele

elizabeth's POV

-----------------------------------------------

i wake up to elle shaking me gently. "what?" i groan and rub my eyes. "come on, get up and get dressed. i have a surprise for you." she says with a smile. i obey get up, making the bed as she leaves. i strip so i can change clothes and see my reflection in the mirror on the back of the door. i mentally criticize every part of me as i stare at myself.

i want to change.

fully. 

physically and mentally.

obviously as a teenage trans girl, i struggle with horrible body dysmorphia. i've begged mum to let me get surgery for god knows how long. i just want to finally change. i want to be a girl. fully.

once i finish getting changed i walk out and see elle and billie both dressed and ready to leave the house. "get your shoes on, we're going to be late" billie tells me with a smile. "late for what?" i furrow my eyebrows a little. "it's a surprise." elle repeats with the same smile as billie. 

i get my shoes on and we all get in the car. "i'm going to put this on you, you don't get any clues." elle explains, holding out a bandana and tying it over my eyes before i can even think of arguing. i feel the car start moving and try to relax. "you're not going to kill me right?" i ask, making both of them laugh. "no way, this is a good surprise. trust us." elle answers. 

the car slows to a stop and i hear my door open. elle takes me by the hand after getting billie into her wheelchair and helps me out of the car. she finally takes off the blindfold and i put my hand over my mouth. 

she wasn't kidding when she said it was a good surprise.

"i thought i had to be eighteen" i furrow my eyebrows. "well, bil and i are pretty well known if you didn't know that and we have a parent's permission." elle explains. i hug her tightly and feel myself start to cry. "come on liz, let's go inside" she giggles a little and pulls me inside the building. i notice billie has been recording this whole time and cover the camera. "let the people see your beautiful face" she orders in a "fancy" voice. "nooo" i groan and wipe away tears. "it's just for your mom, come on" she tells me and i take my hand off of the camera. "hi mum" i laugh through tears and wave a little.

several hours go by and we're on our way home. i thank them both about a million times and rush to my room. i take off my shirt, looking at myself in the mirror and hugging myself happily. 

i'm getting there.

just one more surgery and i'm there.

i'm so fucking happy.