birthday

title: birthday - the beatles

elle's POV

-----------------------------------------

"are you guys coming over today?" i ask claudia over the phone. "absolutely. i couldn't miss their first birthday" she responds. "great, we'll see you at 4" i smile. "i gotta go, gray is pulling billie's hair. i love you" i rush. "love you too" she says before i hang up. i jog over to billie and gray and release gray's grip. "bud, you can't do that" i tell him, looking him in the eye. "hi" he smiles at me and i can't help but smile back. "hello" i giggle. "elle" billie gives me a look to get back to the point and i snap out of my thoughts. "like i was saying, you can't pull mama's hair. it hurts her" i frown. he makes grabby hands in billie's direction and she quickly pulls away. she puts her hair up in a bun with the hair tie she had on her wrist before taking him from me. "she's right bubba. just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you get to do whatever you please" she explains. "dada" he smiles and grabs billie's nose. "how many times have we been over this? mama" billie sighs and points to herself. "he'll get there" i comfort her. "i just feel bad that they don't have a male presence. maybe we should invite finneas or my dad over my often" she shrugs sadly. "if they need a male presence, i'll draw a mustache on my face and put my hair up." i joke, making her laugh a little. "i love you" she says with a small smile. "i love you too" i reply and peck our lips together. i hear emory screaming from the nursery and jump up, rushing to her.

i see finn grabbing onto emory's hair and groan. "finn! no!" i order. he quickly lets go with wide eyes and emory continues to cry. "finn, you can't do that" i explain. "i was just talking to your brother about this. you can't pull hair." i tell him. "mama" emory pouts and makes grabby hands for me. i pick her up and rub her back. "you're alright. go play with mama" i say, placing her down. she walks out of the nursery and i'm left with only finn. "you can't do that, you understand?" i sigh and pick him up. he frowns and hugs me apologetically. "i love you too bud" i laugh a little and hug him back.

after a few minutes i get back to the living room and see gray and emory sitting down on the couch with billie squatted down in front of them. "peek a boo" she says and laughs at their reaction. they both laugh loudly and i smile. i take out my phone and video them playing. "where'd they go? where's gray and em? where'd the go?" she asks, covering her eyes with her hands. "peek a boo!" she uncovers her eyes and they go crazy with laughter. i put my phone back in my pocket and place finn in the play place before walking up behind billie. i put my hands over her eyes and place my chin on her shoulder. "peek a boo" i whisper and uncover her eyes. "i think i like your version of this game more" she laughs softly and turns around, letting me climb onto her lap. "let me put the kids in the nursery and maybe you and i can have some fun of our own before the party" i suggest, starting to kiss her neck. "fuck yeah" she agrees. she taps my leg and i stand up, letting her pick up emory and gray as i grab finn. we take them to the nursery and put them in their cribs. it's nap time for them anyway so they should be asleep soon. billie sings to them softly until they quickly fall asleep and she checks the time. "3:45" she announces. "i guess we'll have to hurry" she tells me, sliding her hands down to the backs of my thighs. "jump" she orders. i do as told and she catches me in her arms. i wrap my legs around her waist and she carries me to our room, setting me down on the bed.

she stands in front of me, positioning me at the edge of the bed. she takes her shirt off and pulls my pants off, tossing them carelessly. she starts sucking on my thighs and pulls my underwear down to my ankles so i can kick them off. her lips approach my core and she presses her tongue to my clit. "fuck billie" i moan at her touch. she swipes her tongue through my folds and i hear the doorbell ring. "no, no, no. they'll leave if we just ignore it" she tells me, gently pushing me back down after i sit up. "billie come on" i order and grab my pants and underwear from the floor and putting them both back on. i toss her the shirt she was just wearing and jog to the door. "sorry about that" i laugh a little once i open the door. "did we interrupt something?" claudia asks, wiggling her eyebrows. "yes" "no" billie and i say in unison. "just come in" i sigh and move out of the way. "where are the babies?" finneas asks, obviously eager to hold one. "they're napping finneas." i answer. "damn" he frowns. "do you want me to go wake them up just so you can hold them?" billie asks sarcastically. "then they'd fall asleep in my arms and it would be so adorable. do it" he nods. "come on" she rolls her eyes and pulls him to the nursery.

"sorry we interrupted" claudia sucks through her teeth as she sets down the present her and finneas brought. "it's fine, billie is just upset because the babies are still calling her dada" i shrug. "oh yeah. what're you guys gonna do about that anyway?" she asks. "i honestly don't know. i feel bad that they don't have a father figure. what are they gonna do when they need advice from a male perspective? like when the boys go through puberty. i don't know how to deal with that" i rant and claudia rubs my back comfortingly. "you know finneas would be more than happy to help them. he can't wait until they start riding their bikes to our house and sitting on his lap as he plays the piano. he says he wants to be that cool uncle that helps them with their problems when they don't want to go to you guys." she tells me. "i'll have to have billie talk to him about it." i sigh. "it'll be alright elle" she assures me. "thanks claudia" i smile a little. i turn to see finneas with baby finn in his arms. he has a wide smile on his face and billie still looks pissed that we were interrupted. she walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist. "once this party is over, the babies aren't going to be the ones screaming all night." she adds, running one of her hands down to my ass and squeezing it before walking away and leaving me in shock.

maybe i should've listened when she told me not to open the door.