an ultrasound

title: uncle phillp - blueface

billie's POV

i really don't feel like writing christmas or elle's birthday so we're gonna skip it

january 17

------------------------------------------

elle is 6 weeks pregnant so today we're going to the doctor for an ultrasound. finneas and claudia's wedding is on the 23rd so elle is planning claudia's bridal shower and i'm planning finneas's bachelor party. both parties are on the 22nd and they're both fully planned so we don't really have anything to worry about but the baby.

we get to the doctor's office and they bring us in immediately. i've gone to this doctor since before i could remember. finneas and i were born at this hospital and i'm so glad that elle and i's baby is going to be born here as well. 

"billie, elle is fantastic to see you both" dr nichols greets us as he walks in. "it's great to see you as well." i respond. "so elle, you're six weeks along yes?" he asks. "yes" elle nods. "any morning sickness? bloating? frequent urination? weird cravings?" he questions. "yes, to all of the questions" she answers. "it's weird because i'm a vegan and i've always been vegan but the baby wants meat. i feel like that will only make me sicker" elle explains. "i know it's difficult to give up something you've followed your entire life but meat will help with the baby's growth. if it wants meat, you have to eat it. i wish there were a way around it but sadly there is not" he tells her. "alright, i'll do that" she sighs and looks down at her hands. i grab one of them and squeeze it three times, making her look up at me and smile. "okay, we're going to have you lay down on this table are you alright with that?" he asks. "yeah" she nods. i help her up onto the table and she lays down. he starts to lift up her shirt but i stop him. "do you mind if i do that?" i ask, feeling uncomfortable with the fact that someone else is taking my wife's clothes off. "go right ahead. it doesn't have to be all the way off, just below the bra" he explains. i nod and do as told. 

he puts what looks like some sort of gel on her stomach and she winces and the immediate cold substance. "it's cold" she laughs it off. "okay, now i'm going to rub the gel across your stomach with this. it's a transducer. it's kind of hard to explain. billie if you'd like to, you just take this and run it across her stomach to spread the gel" he explains. i agree and take the tool from him, pressing it to the gel before gliding it across her skin. elle gasps and i look up at the screen. "that's our baby elle" i smile and point it out. she smiles widely and i see tears form in her eyes. "it's okay elle. it's okay" i laugh a little and wipe them away. "all heartbeats sound perfectly healthy, if you're quiet you can-" he starts but elle cuts him off. "hold up. did you just say all?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: do you guys want me to write finn and claudia's wedding because idk if i want to, i want to focus on the pregnancy