today was a good day

title: today was a good day - ice cube

billie's POV

-----------------------------

"alright bud, let's get you out of here" i smile and take grayson out of his carseat, placing him into the stroller. today all of us, elle's family and mine, are going to the aquarium. we've been wanting to take the kids here for a while but we figured it'd be even better with everyone. i didn't tell anyone but i called the manager and rented the place out for a few hours so it's just our family and no annoying kids other than mine. 

we have a stroller that fits all three of the triplets so once we get them all in, elle and i lead everyone inside. "it's so.... empty." elle observes, looking around. "huh, weird" i say, trying not to smile. "billie you didn't." she denies. "i don't know what you're talking about. look otters" i point out and she smiles. "oh my god i love otters. they are my favorite animal." elle beams and walks over to them, trying not to scare them away. "look at your mommy, so adorable" i tell emory. "alright, elle get back here we gotta make a plan for the day and then you can look at the otters" i shout. "okay" she nods and jogs over. we all stand in a circle and my dad holds out his map in the middle. "i'm thinking, and this is just off the top of my head, we can split up into groups and check out whatever we want but we meet back up to go to lunch at say 2? then for the rest of the day, we spend it together" dad explains. "that sounds great" i agree. "alright, spread" dad announces, making the crowd laugh. "okay kiddos, looks like we're gonna see some otters" i tells them with a smile as i follow elle. 

after a few hours i look at the time on my phone and realize it's almost time for lunch. "alright guys, let's go find everyone else." i announce. all the kids run from the tank they were at over to elle and i. 

we find the rest of the group and emory immediately runs to elizabeth. i'm surprised emory didn't beg elizabeth to be in our group. "so what are we thinking for lunch?" dad asks. "there's a cafe just a few minutes from here, lighthouse cafe or something" i suggest. "that sounds good, let me look it up. i want to see if it has vegan options" mom explains, taking out her phone. "looks like we're good" she smiles and puts her phone back in her pocket. "alright. after lunch are we coming back here or what's the plan?" elle asks. "i guess we'll just have to see how we feel" i shrug. we get out to the parking lot and elle and i get the triplets into the car, leading everyone to the cafe. 

once we get to inside, we find a table and sit down. i see a stage a few feet away and elle smiling at me. "please" she whispers and crosses her fingers. "let me eat first damn" i laugh. a waitress takes our orders and i see finneas staring at me and glancing over at the stage. he grosses his fingers and mouths the word "please" just like elle did a second ago. "you two are literally the same" i groan and stand up. finneas smiles and follows me to the stage, grabbing the guitar that is propped against the wall. "is this alright?" he asks the waitress. "yeah, we'd love to hear something" she nods. finneas grabs one of the stools from the bar and sets it down for me, sitting on a small bench a little further away. "what do you want to hear ellie?" i ask. "japanese denim." she answers after a few seconds of hesitation. "do you know how to play that fin-" i start but he cuts me off by playing the melody. "looks like you do" i laugh. i take the mic off of the stand and sit down on the stool. i tap the mic to see if it's on and raise it to my lips. "i don't stand in line, i don't play for clubs, fuck that, yeah." i start, seeing elle's eyes light up as she watches me. there's a small crowd people i don't know in front of me, cheering me on. "pause" i order. "i am so sorry, i never tell this to people but this mic is quiet as hell and i'm trying to sing to my wife and kids. if you would mind quieting down just a little" i explain. they agree and finneas starts playing again. "can we turn this shit up please?" i ask, pointing to the mic. "sure" the waitress nods and walks over to a speaker. "alright, now feel free to sing along as much as you want" i laugh and motion for finneas to keep playing. 

we ended up not going back to the aquarium and just going back to the house after lunch. "i miss performing" i tell elle. "why did you stop anyway?" she asks. "bitch- our kids" i remind her. "oh shit yeah, we have kids" she realizes and puts her hand over her mouth. "you're adorable ellie" i laugh and kiss the top of her head. "i love you bil" she smiles at me, looking me right in the eye with a look of nothing but love. "i love you so much more" i assure her, pressing our lips together.

today was a good day.