we've got a lot to learn god knows we're worth it

title: i won't give up - jason mraz

elle's POV

--------------------------------

i wake up to a baby screaming and crying. "lovely" i whisper to myself sarcastically before standing up. billie is nowhere in sight, but i need to go check on the babies. as i walk to the nursery the crying comes to a stop. i hear billie singing quietly and reach the nursery. i see her sitting in the rocking chair with baby finn in her arms. "i've never fallen from quite this high falling into your ocean eyes" she sings as he stares up at her. i lean against the doorframe and watch their adorable interaction. he falls asleep but she keeps him in her arms, smiling down at him. "hey" i smile a little as i walk in. she looks up at me and smiles. "hey" she greets me. i sit beside her and see baby finneas is asleep. soft snores escape from his lips and billie rocks him back and forth slowly. "you're such a good mama" i tell her. "thank you so much for giving me these angels." she says with a smile, not taking her eyes off of finn. "it wasn't just me. thank you for taking care of me. thank you for giving them their beautiful blue eyes" i thank her and lay my head on her shoulder. 

we sit like this for i don't know how long. eventually billie falls asleep and i take finn out of her arms. "hey buddy. hello" i smile down at him, bouncing up and down slowly. i kiss the top of his head and admire him, memorizing every small detail of his face. "miracle boy." i whisper with the same smile. after a few minutes i place him back in his crib and lay in the hammock. about half an hour passes and yet another baby wakes up. billie shoots up and coughs a little before meeting me at emory's crib. i pick emory up and sit back down in the hammock, gesturing to billie that i got it and she can go to sleep. she sits down in her previous spot and watches as i slowly swing the hammock back and forth. "when i look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky" i sing softly as she cries. billie stands up and walks out, coming back with her ukulele in her hands soon after. she sits cross legged beside the hammock and makes eye contact with me. i nod at her and she starts strumming. "or a beautiful sunrise. well there's so much they hold. and just like them old stars, we see that you've come so far to be right where you are. how old is your soul" i continue. "well, i won't give up on us. even if the skies get rough. i'm giving you all my love. i'm still looking up" billie and i sing in unison as emory's cries come to a stop. "and when you're needing your space, to do some navigating, i'll be here patiently waiting to see what you find." i add. "cause even the stars they burn, and some even fall to the earth" i pause and boop her nose, laughing a little. "we've got a lot to learn. god knows we're worth it. no i won't give up" billie sings, looking up at me with a smile. 

we do have a lot to learn

but i can tell we've got this already