PHASE 64 - ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR! WE HAVE A CHEAT!

“The traitor… the one who is plotting behind our backs…. and the one who we call Necross Hades… is you.”

Rikkun’s index finger pointed out a person at the far edge of the conference room where one of our Aether Crusade members is situated.

The person he's talking about... He is a pale white man with long black hair that covers half of his face. He has thick eyebags and a scrawny structure. It is certain that this emo guy is…

“Benedict Hamerov,” Rikkun said.

“Now!” I cried as I swiped my fingers and opened a Gate.

“<God Core: Ra Ascension>!!!” Diadem’s whole body glowed until he was covered with golden metallic armor that made him look like a griffon with blazing wings. The instant he transformed into a divinity, he clasped his claws and injected prana on his palms. “<Pyramid Seal>!!!”

“What the-!!!”

“What’s happening!?”

Those are the words by our fellow Aether Crusade members when they saw a transparent prism enlarge and ejected all the bystander Gate Guardians away from the about-to-be battlefield zone. Only Rikkun, Jecchan, I, Lord Ra, and Benedict were left inside the pyramid-shaped energy field. The moment our allies flew out of the seal, the Gate I swiped into existence flashed with bright light.

<>

We’re now in Yami. The counterpart of the Kozukata Shrine’s conference room is just a rocky field with blue soil. We’re no longer inside any of the establishments as we can see the dark skies and the crimson moon. The blue soil reflects upon anything that is on top of it which made it look like a clear wide ocean.

“Benedict Hamerov… No… Necross Hades. We have found you out.” Rikkun said as he swiped his finger and opened a portal. He drew out a sword-shaped icicle from the Realm of the Frozen Soul, ready for battle. “If you surrender peacefully, we will not resort to force.”

Benedict just stood motionless. His brown eyes are glaring at Rikkun, to Jecchan, and then to me. Suddenly, he uttered a smile. He raised his hand as if he’s surrendering.

“Fine, fine. I confess you caught me.” Benedict said. “I knew it. I should have made a better plan in conquering this universe. I know something was off in the timeline of this world.”

“M-Mister Benedict…” I held my heart, trying to deny that such a person would betray us.

“You got caught with Tiara’s <Song of Time> and forced to repeat everything from square one. Judging from your expression, you just recovered your memories from the previous timeline the moment Alaric pointed you as a culprit.” Jecchan said as she materialized her dual gunblades. “Surely you haven’t made any plans on summoning Necross in this dimension yet.”

“Oh yes I am. I am surprised that you got one step ahead of me this time.” Benedict laughed.

“Mister Benedict…” I made a step forward, trying to ease the tension from our emo member. “Why… Why are you so eager to destroy universes?”

“You won’t understand, Miss Tiara.” Benedict looked away. “It is my fate as a World Ender and Necross’s chosen Messiah. It is also Esperia’s... no…. It is both Esperia's and my will. The title of being a Universal Destroyer is my legacy. My goals are beyond your understanding.”

“B-But if you already planned this from the start, why did you join us?” I asked a dumb question. I just can’t believe that betrayal is possible in a family-like team like the Aether Crusade.