Wands

After breakfast, Remus took Ayla to Diagon Alley and went into Ollivanders.

"Mr Lupin, how wonderful to see you after all this time," Ollivander said until his eyes followed down to the slightly shorter girl to his left. "You must be Miss Black. I'd recognise that hair anywhere and those eyes but the smile, that's definitely your mother's. I've expected you for some time now." Ayla stood there behind Remus at just stared at the old man behind the counter.

"She's shy. But, we're here for a wand so yeah."

"No problem," The elderly man walked to the shelves behind him and Ayla stood behind Remus until he pushed her in front. She looked at him behind and his eyes went towards Ollivander. Ayla looked in front and saw the man holding a box in front of her. "Just take the wand and give it a swish." And Ayla did exactly what he said until a lightbulb burst. She put it back and he went back. This process continued with two other wands until he gave her a wand which she felt a spark with. The wand was a dark grey with carvings going around. She held the wand in her hand and waved it. A book fell out the bookshelf and into her hand. Ollivander smiled. Remus examined the wand in her hand and muttered something under his breath.

"You know your father's wand looked quite similar to yours," Ayla frowned and put it back in the box.

"I don't want it." She said.

"Well, that's a bit too late now. The wand chose you. You felt the connection the moment you laid your eyes on it." he handed it back to her but she didn't hand it back. "I guess you and your father are more alike than you think." Ayla left with the wand and Ollivander's words rewinding in her head. You and your father are more alike than you think.

"Uncle Remus, what traits of mine remind you of dad?" She asked. He looked at his goddaughter and sighed.

"You thinking about what Ollivander said?"

"Obviously. But, seriously answer the question."

J: More like Siriusly

L: Now's not the time James

J: Sorry

"Well, definitely the hair." Ayla grabbed a strand of her hair and looked at it before looking back at her godfather. "Your eyes, your laugh, your humour, your mischievousness, your attitude and probably many of your personal traits. I mean he's not wrong, you know."

"What do you mean?"

"You two are very alike."