Spring Wedding

Chapter 71: Spring Wedding
Roni-Ann

"Everything will be alright when I see his face. My feelings are just playing games."

Our friends are all walking down the stairs and down the aisle. They'll see Adrian first and I'm stuck here fretting.

Not fretting for our future but what could mess up this day.

I feel like something is going to happen. Just for a split second though.

I have no idea what it is but it's driving me crazy.

"Are you ready, Roni-Ann?"

I nod in response, Jasmin and Leah finally leaving with their partners. My bridesmaids walk down the left side as the groomsmen take the right stairs.

Standing at the top of the staircase, I take a deep breath in before looking over the balcony, seeing Adrian down by the alter.

He's smiling. Now I catch myself smiling too.

After this, it won't be 'me and you'. Just 'us'.

Right now, it's just me at the top of this staircase about to walk down. It didn't feel right to have anyone walk me down.

Although I can feel two spirits lingering beside me.

I turn to the left and start walking down the spiral staircase, my dress effortlessly slipping down the stairs behind me. I continue my walk up the aisle and stop in front of Adrian, looking back for a moment to hand Leah my bouquet.

"Hello, princess." Adrian's smile doesn't leave his face as he lifts my veil from over my face, fixing my tiara for me.

My smile widens and I take his hands in mine, preparing for the priest to start the ceremony.

"Hi, bubba."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Now we will have an exchange of vows. Whoever wishes to go first may."

"I want to go first!" I say with enthusiasm, looking around the guests' seating.

"Adrian, you've taught me how to be the woman I am today. I don't see myself as a pushover anymore, but instead-" I start my speech off strong but I see a group of people sit down at the back, suddenly feeling faint. "I do not want them here."

That was the bad feeling. It just had to be on my wedding day.

"Huh?" Adrian looks up as well to where my line of view was, his eyes settling on the relatives of mine who were chatting away. "Who let them in here? I told you people to do a proper guest check."

"Sorry, boss." The security guards begin to walk over to my relatives, tapping their shoulders.

The men pull the group out forcefully, locking the door after them. Adrian squeezes my hand for reassurance as I chuckle, letting out a huff.

And, just like that, the day is better.

"Where was I? I have never met someone so imperfectly perfect until you, Adrian. It drives me crazy to know that- after everything we went through in our separate life- we're going to create a new life together. A life where there's love, smiles, and us in our own little world. Or maybe it's huge and I just don't realize because I get so lost in your personality. We've created this little empire between our businesses and that empire is the product of love and teamwork."

"You may not have been my first or second best friend but you're the best friend that I am choosing to dedicate my whole being to, and I hope you do the same with me. I want to keep my vow short so I'll end it off with this: you make my days brighter, that's something I never used to believe in. Thank you."