Coffee

Chapter 39: Coffee
Roni-Ann

"Lost myself, seventeen. Then you came, found me. No other magic, could ever compare."

"There's a room, in my heart with the memories we made. Took them down but they're still in their frames. There's no way I could ever forget, mmm."

Taking a breath in, I continue singing, running the comb across Adrian's hair again.

"For as long as I live and as long as I love, I will never not think about you. You, mhm. I will never not think about you."

Leah and Jasmin were sitting at the other side of the room, listening closely.

The atmosphere between the four of us was very calm as I sang, noticing how Adrian's eyes were closed.

Sectioning off his hair, I clip the unneeded area, braiding the part I left out.

"I've never heard you sing this song." Adrian mumbles, snapping me out of my trance.

"You've never heard me sing in general."

"Yeah, I have. You start singing whenever you get frustrated or when you're by yourself. But I've never heard this one."

I never noticed I did that.

"Never Not. Lauv." I mutter, twisting the end of the braid.

Sectioning off another part, I watch Adrian open one eye to look up at me, confused.

"Huh?"

"That's the name of the song."

"Adrian, I love you and all, but shut up." Leah groans, moving to sit next to me. "Rain's singing is peaceful."

I chuckle and continue to braid his hair, twirling the ends around on my finger.

The song finishes soon and I pause the next one, not wanting to hear it.

I think there's something seriously wrong with me.

I haven't visited my parents in a while and I haven't thought about them. I've learned not to think about them because it triggers me, but when I don't I feel guilty.

What's the point?

"Roni-Ann?" Leah leans over to whisper in my ear, covering it with her hand. "I know why you love that song now."

"There's no reason." I shrug, patting Adrian's head to tell him I finished.

It's just a really good song.

"Took them down? Not think?" Jasmin recites from the other side of the room, her eyebrows shifting upwards.

"Are you girls speaking in code or something?" Adrian questions, keeping his head on my lap.

"I'm being serious, damn. No meaning behind it."

I try to remove the memories but no matter what I can never forget.

Maybe it does speak to me?

"What's your originally name, Adrian?" I hum, already knowing but wanting to hear it from him.

"Adrian."

"No, I mean your last name."

"My birth givers never really gave me their last name, my name was just Adrian. Except for when it came to school."

"Oh."

I keep quiet and finish his hair, singing quietly.

"How are you, by the way, Roni?" Adrian mumbles.