Trouble Sets

Chapter 47: Trouble Sets
Roni-Ann

*next day*

"Can I dress you up today?"

"Why? I'm not a baby."

Brandon sulks and hold his hand out to me, waving it around for me to hold.

"Because, I haven't done that in so long. And we're hanging out today."

"We are?" I immediately perk up and nod my head, dragging my brother into my room. "Where are we going?"

"To the mall, Rain. You, the girls, Adrian and I."

I haven't been to the mall in ages!

Brandon starts searching through my drawers before looking back at me, a questionable look on his face. "What happened to all your clothes?"

"Sena burned them. I forgot you weren't here when it happened."

"I'm sorry I wasn't home earlier that day. I'll buy you some new things today."

Nodding my head in agreement, I wait patiently as Brandon looks through my clothes, thinking of something to talk about.

"How's your girlfriend?"

"We broke up." He answers quickly, slightly annoyed by the topic.

"Why?"

"She spoke badly about you. I didn't appreciate it."

"Oh." I mutter, playing with my fingers. "I'm sorry I ruined your relationship."

"You didn't ruin anything, Rain. Stop blaming yourself for everything."

I keep quiet as Brandon throws two things towards me and I catch them, examining the clothes.

"Go shower and put those on. I think you'll look very nice in them, you had a similar outfit when you were younger."

My brother exits my room and I head into my bathroom, taking my clothing off to shower.

One hour and half a concert later, I finally find myself walking out the bathroom wrapped in a fluffy towel.

I put on a bra and underwear but don't fully change, instead leaning over my bed and scrolling through my phone.

"I win! You owe me a- oh!" I hear Leah exclaim from behind me before she cuts herself off, me not paying her any mind.

I regret not looking back at her as she slaps my behind, leaving a sting.

"What was that for?!?!"

"Punishment, baby gorl." She says with an accent, rubbing her hands together.

"Ugly bish." I mumble, causing her to hit me again. "This is abuse!"

"We abuse each other everyday. It's fun." Jasmin laughs, sitting on my bed. "Get dressed."

I stand up straight and put my dress on, slipping the coat over.

I remember this fur coat, Adrian bought it for me on our shopping spree in Paris.

"You look like Persephone in Lore Olympus." Leah mentions, referring to a story I forced her to read. "Well, just that your dress isn't tight or fully white."

"I take that as a compliment. Let's go downstairs now!"

I walk happily towards my door but my sisters pull me back, blocking my path.

"Some people are downstairs."

"Adrian and Brandon? Why are we still up here then? Open the door."