Us Alone

Chapter 57: Us Alone
Roni-Ann

*Saturday*

"It's getting late, Roni-Ann! Get your ass out the bathroom!"

"You better not have gotten toothpaste on your dress!"

"Are we leaving your curls out or doing space buns? I vote for leaving them out."

My friends continue to yell from outside my bathroom and I keep ignoring them, fixing my hair into a ponytail.

When I finish, I exit the bathroom and look up at them, seeing their scowls.

"What took you so long?" Leah asks me, crossing her arms.

"I was fixing my clothes."

"Girl, if you don't-" Jasmin gets cut off by my phone ringing and I sit at my vanity to answer it, being greeted by the open roof of a car.

"You see that? Adrian is almost here and your ass isn't even downstairs!" Leah exclaims, throwing her arms in air before walking away.

"Leah, shut up." I tell her, fixing my phone at angle so that I don't have to hold it.

The sky stops moving as I look at the phone and the view starts moving, Adrian's face coming into view.

"I'm actually outside." He corrects Leah, smiling at us.

"Even worse!"

Jasmin leans over to take my phone out of my hand, tilting it in multiple directions to get a good look at Adrian. "You're wearing pink, right?"

"Yes I am, Jas. Isn't that what you told me?"

"Just making sure."

The two of them start having a conversation about me as I stand up, walking to the other side of my room to get my purse. I check it to make sure I have everything before sneaking up to Jasmin and touching my phone, ending the call mid-conversation.

"Okay! Bye, friends!" Waving while exiting the room, my friends follow behind me and I speed up, making my way out the house before they can say anything more.

Adrian was leaning against his car when I looked up, holding the passenger door open.

Rain comes jumping out of the car and towards me, dragging a bag much larger than her towards me.

"My baby!!"

When she's finally in front of me, she spins around in circles and drops the bag.

"You're a very smart dog Rain. My friends are inside about to leave!" I point into my house and exaggerate the last word, the two of them finally coming out the house.

"Hello, puppy Rain!" Leah coos while picking Rain up, fixing the bag around her shoulder. "Well, we're gone now."

My friends go towards their cars and Jasmin drives off before Leah can finish fixing Rain in the car, waving goodbye as she goes down the road. Leah follows suit after struggling to get Rain to calm down.

"You look stunning, princess." Adrian states when they're out of sight, his eyebrows furrowing as I pause in my spot. "What's wrong?"

"Can I drive? I did plan the date so it only makes sense."

Adrian blinks twice and opens the passenger door wider, pointing inside. "You can drive from this seat."

"Fine." I fake a pout and get into the passenger seat, waiting for Adrian to close the door before I do anything else.