Basically Crazy

Chapter 25: Basically Crazy
Roni-Ann

'Ro-Ro? If you ever feel out of your element, I want you to find me or your dad and give us a hug, okay?'

'Why, mommy?'

'Because, I know you. And we're always going to be here.'

She lied.

'But what if you're at work? What then?' I giggle, swaying side to side.

Or what if you're dead? What then?

My mom smiles at me and ruffles my hair, handing me my music box.

'You know what to do. Listen to this.'

'Can we play a song now?'

'You have to wait until tomorrow. I installed the new one already and I don't want you seeing it.'

My birthday is tomorrow. Which means there will be a new song.

My mom boops me on the nose and I giggle even more, holding my arms up for her.

She picks me up and spins around, the two of us laughing like crazy.

'Tomorrow will be a good day, Ro-Ro.'

It wasn't. And because of that day, Sena hates me. And I get a bad feeling whenever she talks badly about me.

"Roni-Ann! Open the door."

"I can't."

"Please, open the damn door."

"I can't!" I snap, taking my phone out of my pocket.

Dialing a number, I hold my phone up to my ear and wait, hearing their voice soon after.

"Roni?" Brandon answers and I sigh in relief, massaging my hand.

What the heck is going on?

"What is Sena saying about me?"

"It's just stuff, don't wor-"

My hands start shaking even more as I hear her voice in the background, calling out my name.

"The fucking murderer wants to fucking play games?! I'm burning her shit!"

What did I do now?

"Sena, that one's mine," Brandon tells her, his voice straining.

"And you're standing up for her? See if I don't cut your ass."

"Put those things down, Sena!"

"Don't raise your voice at me." My sister scoffs and I hear Brandon put the phone down.

"What do you want me to do? Mom and dad are gone, what do you want Roni-Ann to do? She can't bring them back." Brandon grumbles, his voice sounding farther away.

"She should have died instead!"

"Why do you say that about your own sister?"

"I don't have a fucking sister. I have a murderer." Sena laughs.

So basically, it's a regular day at my house. Just without me.

"I'm not a murderer." I mumble, playing with my fingers.

I hear the phone being picked up again and expect Brandon to say something, but it's Sena.

"Yes, you are."

She hangs up on my and I groan, pushing my phone back in my pocket with a slight feeling of relief.

Walking to the door, I open it and look down.

"You're sitting on the floor?"

Adrian scoffs in amusement and looks up at me, smiling. "I was worried."

"About me?"

"Am I here with anybody else?" He chuckles, laying down on the floor completely.

His head touches my feet and I step back, getting down on my knees.

"Thank you. And sorry about my little meltdown."

Adrian hums and runs a hand through his hair. "It happens to the best of us."

"Not you."

I hold my hands down on either side of me and look him in his eyes, noticing how his pupils dilate.

Mr. Hayes reaches up and holds my face in his hands, making my eyes go wide.

"Especially me."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Trey? I was like, yo Trey? Do you think you could buy me a bottle of Roseé? Okay let's get it now."

"I'm with a bad bitch."

"He's with his friends." I continue singing, raising an eyebrow at Adrian.

"I don't say I hi, I say keys to the Benz." He laughs, saying the next line.

"Keys to the Benz? Keys to the Benz."

Turning my music off, I point at him in shock and he does the same to me.

"You know that song?"

"Yes." He answers shortly, running a hand through his hair. "I took you as a Pop music girl?"

"I listen to whatever sounds good."

Adrian stands next to me as I open the microwave, taking my food out.

"You want?" I mumble, holding the pizza up to my mouth.

I hum while eating, swaying back and forth.

Adrian gives me a confused look as I walk around him, continuing to dance. "Weren't you going crazy earlier?"

"Yeah and?"

"Now your back to your regular, happy self?"

"Yeah and?" I question again, looking up at him. "I'm a simple girl, food is my comfort."

"Cute." Mr. Hayes chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not cute, I'm a bitch." I pout, scrunching up my nose.

That's not true. Out of three of us, people say I'm the nicest.

There's literally a reason my friends and I are the Powerpuff Girls. We could have been Totally Spies but- no.

I press my lips together in realization, nodding my head slowly.

"If you do that, it makes you cuter."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Author's Note:

I just realized the drawing I used in the cover is a real life person.

I was scrolling through Pinterest, and saw the exact same picture but more lifelike and I was shocked.

It makes me wonder if my other covers are real people too...

Anyhoo, that's all for now.

Thank you! Bye