Chapter Four

Luca

I walk into the skate park Oliver by my side blabering on about something.

"Hey, boys!" Rosa calls as she jumps off her skateboard and waves us over. This is the sort of place I belong. Outside with my real fam instead of the crap back at the house.

"What's up?" I ask as I sit down on the top of one of the ramps. She opens her mouth to answer but someone stops her.

"Luca? Thought your had work tonight?" Seb says confused. I push my hands deeper into my pockets groan a bit.

"Got fired." I tell em' and they look at me with that shitty old sympathy.

"How ya' gonna' pay the rent?" Oliver asks and I shrug. I cant mange to stay in work for longer then a week and cash is starting to get tight. If I don't pay rent soon my lazy shits for parents will find themselves on the streets and I'll be stuck with em'.

"Why dont ya' just nick something?" Rosa suggests and I look at her not one bit surprised by her suggestion."Just go find some posh looking place and take a few good things. Then you can sell it and your rents sorted this month."

"What if he gets arrested?" Seb asks seriously. Seb's always been the voice of reason. I love him an' all but he can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

"Rosa's right." I tell em'. "This is the only option I've got."

"See?" Rosa says smugly and Seb glares at her.

"Dont you give a shit about the police?" He asks and I just shrug.

"Jails got to be better then this shit hole. Anyway, I've been arrested before." I say as I stand and hunch my back.

"Just be careful man." Seb warns and I nod not really listening.

It's not like I'll get caught anyway.