Chapter Twenty-one

James

I got told off for the first time at school today. I'm normal extremely well behaved and respect everyone around me but I guess this week has been an exception of that.

I was caught texting Luca under the table.

It's not really a big deal. Miss took my phone until the end of the lesson and she gave me a warning but nothing too harsh. I guess she must remember being young and in love.

Not that I'm in love!

Luca and I have been texting a lot this week. I haven't seen him since Seb dragged him away from our lunch but I hear from him everyday which is nice.

So far I've learnt that he doesn't go to school (I don't know why but I don't want to intrude by asking). He spends all of his time at the skate park or at work (he got a job working af the chip shop down the road two days ago). He doesn't talk about his family and I haven't asked again. I'm guessing that it's a touchy subject and I dont want hurt him.

He's not the boy who broke into my house. He's kind and funny with a temper. I don't think that he wanted to break into my house and from how it went I don't think he'd ever broken into anything before.

I like him that much I know. I don't know how much I like him but I think I like him a lot.

I felt a fluttery feeling inside when he said he was gay so I'm guessing that I like him in a romantic way. I can't believe that I've fallen in love with a bad tempered funny boy that doesn't go to school. I can't believe I've fallen in love with a boy!

I close my eyes and try to push all of my thoughts out of my head. I'm just about to drift off to sleep when my phone vibrates on my bedside cabinet. I don't normally keep my phone on at night but ever since I got Luca's number it's always on.

I reach for it and unlock it with the same password I've used since I first got the phone. I stare at the message from Luca and smile a little.

Hey

Hello Luca. How are you?

Good
You

I'm good thanks.

What are you doing

Trying to sleep.

Why

I laugh to myself. I don't think there's anyone else on this planet that is like him. He seems to have no sense of the world around him and just floats through life taking what comes.

Because it's 1:45am.

Really
Wow

Shouldn't you be asleep?

I didn know it was late

Where are you?

Skate park

Your parents are going to be worried about you.

No answer makes it's way to my phone. I can see that the message has been read but it hasn't even said that he's typing. This seems to happen every time I mention family.

I can't believe that your at the skate park at 1:45. Well, 1:48 now.

No time like the present

Just go to bed Luca. I have an exam tomorrow.

Okay
You want to meet up on Satuday

My heart flutters in my chest as I read the message over and over in my head. He wants to meet up with me again. I feel my cheeks start to flush and I'm suddenly thankful for the fact that I'm alone in my dark bedroom.

I would love to.

No, no, no, no, no! That sounds way too desperate. He's going to think I'm some super weird person who falls for someone they've just met. Or right, that's what I am.

Sweet
See you then
Night lazy

Good night Luca.

I place my phone back on my bedside table before rolling over again with a huge smile on my face.

I am so head over heels for Luca.