Chapter 1 ~ Coronation

Many years have passed since the day Odin showed my brothers their future and since I learned of my powers. As we grew up together, our responsibilities increased. Thor, Loki and I took to the battlefield together to keep the peace in the Nine Realms. Thor was to be made King of Asgard the next day and was taught how to wield the magical hammer Mjolnir as a weapon to show his true power and strength. Loki and I learned magic from our mother, teaching us disillusionment and how to use our powers to our strengths. 

Unfortunately, I was not blessed with the same freedoms as my brothers, who were allowed to leave the palace and Asgard when they pleased. For me, it was not so easy. Odin protected me from life outside the palace meaning I couldn't leave without an escort of some kind, which was severely irritating and stopped me from doing the things I actually wanted to do, instead of parading myself down the streets.

This was not going to stop me from exploring my kingdom. Mother would occasionally help me sneak out of the palace, with help from her lady's maids. I would sometimes visit the mountains, forests or hide amongst the people of Asgard, but my favourite place to visit was the Bifrost, which was guarded by the illusive and vigilant guard, Heimdall, who knew when I was coming.

It was the day before Thor's coronation, and I needed to escape the castle, especially as everyone was rushing around in preparation. I called for my loyal handmaid, Sinikka, who helped create a coverup to help me sneak out of the palace without father's knowledge.

"I saw you coming." Heimdall said as I jumped off my horse and walked into the golden structure of the Bifrost. Heimdall was a tall and incredibly indecipherable man. He was blessed with sensory capabilities far beyond those of other Asgardians, letting him see nearly all things that happen in the Nine Realms. Throughout his time as its guardian, Heimdall ensured that no enemies were able to get past his watch and enter Asgard, ensuring its safety throughout Odin's rule of King, whom Heimdall was fiercely loyal to. He was dark skinned and had a neatly cut beard that hid even more of his face than his golden helmet did. His eyes glow a bright orange, looking like they held a galaxy within.

"How unusual! That is the first time you've ever said that." I said with severely obvious sarcasm as I sauntered through the room to the podium where Heimdall stood holding the powerful sword that powers the Bifrost, Hofund.

"Aren't you supposed to be helping with the preparation for your brother's coronation?" he asked after a few moments as I sat down on the floor and stared out into the beautiful starry galaxy.

"Yes, but even I need a break sometimes." I joked as I continued to admire the beauty of the vast universe in front of me "Besides I'd much rather sit here and look out to where I could be, then actually be where I'm supposed to be."

"You know that your father forbids you to leave the palace without an escort, let alone Asgard." he replied with a tone of severity in his deep and solemn voice. "Your father, the king, protects the Nine Realms, a responsibility that may fall in your hands at some point-"

"But I don't want that responsibility!" I interrupted. "I don't want to sit on a throne and tell people what to do. I want to get out and actually see the Nine Realms, and further, that's what my brothers want not me!" I said with frustration looking out wistfully at the stars and planets that longed to be explored.

"Someday, you may not have a choice." Heimdall warned, making me roll my eyes, as he stepped down from his podium and neared the edge of the Bifrost, absorbing the tranquillity of the collection of stars and planets. "As the Gatekeeper, I can see a single drop of dew fall from a blade of grass a thousand worlds away-"

"Yes, and you can hear a cricket passing gas in Niflheim." I giggled as I stood up to join him at the edge of the Bifrost. "I'll be sure to warn Volstagg that you will be watching him as he steals more pie from the kitchen after the coronation tomorrow."