Chapter 46 ~ New Recruits

The next few weeks were interesting, to say the least.

We all suffered the consequences of the press. No matter what happens on this planet, someone is always going to be unhappy, and it certainly seemed that some people were more angry that we blew up Sokovia, saving the whole planet, and rather we just letting it happen. 

Clint went home to his family and told us that he was retiring (good for him, but we will definitely miss him).

We all officially moved out of the Avengers tower and into the Avengers compound that was now finished being built in Upstate New York, in which, Steve and I now share a room (which was one of the only positives as it meant we had plenty of time and privacy for 'extra-curricular activities'). 

Steve and I had a floor to ourselves and since Tony wasn't living at the compound, he essentially left us in charge of it.

I ended up meeting this rather annoying man named Secretary Ross, who according to Steve was a very important person in the US government and that I shouldn't piss him off. 

He told Steve and I that we should go public with our relationship and do promotional activities to help 'humanise' the Avengers. I thought this was pretty ironic, considering that I wasn't even human. But we agreed none the less and as it turned out, it was pretty fun. It also meant we got to spend a lot more time together so neither of us could complain. 

I hadn't seen Dominic around at all and could only guess that he had clocked on to my relationship with Steve. I felt bad for not giving him any explanation but its not like we were actually a thing or anything and I hadn't seen him. 

We were busy settling into our 'apartment' together before we were due to meet my brother and Tony. I knew that Thor was leaving. He had already warned me a few weeks ago. He asked me to come with, but I told him that Earth was now my home and I wasn't ready to leave again. Besides I couldn't exactly leave now that I had everything I wanted.

I got a notification on my phone (which I was still figuring out how to use, but it was okay because Steve was just as useless) telling me that Tony had just been buzzed in by a member of security and had arrived. 

I called Steve along with me. We were in our suits because someone from the press wanted to take some pictures of us today as we were introducing the newest official members of the Avengers. We walked down to the kitchen to collect my brother who was busy stealing all the pop tarts from the cupboard and shoving them in a bag so that he could have them on his journey. 

He was lazily swinging his hammer around in his other hand as he cleared out our cupboards. 

Tony then entered the room followed by a few photographers and we collectively concluded that we wanted to get these photos out of the way as quickly as possible. 

After posing for a few photos as a group, and as a couple, and some with my brother as well, the photographers left, probably hunting down our new recruits to try and beat a statement out of them. 

Thor grabbed Mjolnir and his bag full of goodies and started to lead us outside where he would use the Bifrost to leave. 

I noticed Tony and Steve carefully eyeing the hammer that my brother was playing with, practically begging to talk about it. 

"The rules have changed." Steve finally started, after a few moments of him and Tony silently staring at the hammer. 

"We're dealing with something new." Tony added as we walked down a glass walkway to the outside. 

"Oh, the Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve added. I knew exactly where this was going. 

"A machine." Tony argued as Thor and I rolled our eyes at each other.