Chapter 42 ~ The Vision

We jogged over to the twins. Wanda had her hand on her brother's back as he caught his breath. "I'm fine. I just need to take a minute." He grunted as he sat down on a little bench.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve barked at him.

"The Cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda quickly asked us, sounding panicked.

"Stark will take care of it." Steve informed her but her eyes filled with fear.

"No, he won't." She muttered back. I looked between the two of them as they shared worried looks and then to Steve who looked concerned himself. Tony wasn't seriously about to make this worse, was he?

"You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy." Steve tried to assure her but didn't sound convinced himself.

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda blurted, trying to mask her fear with anger. 

Steve looked at me with worry. "Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?" He spoke into his earpiece, turning away from the twins. No response. Ugh, if there was no response how were we supposed to get home? Clint took the jet. 

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda warned us after realising we were on our own. God, she was right and that is terrifying. 

Steve and I shared a fearful look before Maria Hill's voice spoke into our earpieces. "Theia? Steve? We have the Cradle and are sending a jet to pick the two of you up. I need you to meet it at the airport in 20." She explained. Thank Odin we weren't stranded here. 

"Thank you, Maria." I thanked her before looking at Wanda and Pietro hopefully. "Are you two joining us?" I asked them.

"We could use your help." Steve added. They looked between each other before nodding.

"We have to stop Stark." She muttered; her voice full of resentment. She must really not like Tony. I can't imagine why; he is so easy to get along with.

"Let's go." I ushered them as we made our way to the airport, which, thankfully, wasn't too far. Pietro walked with us, which was probably weird for him, but I don't think he could have carried all three of us with him. 

Thankfully, the jet's location was already set to the tower. I don't think any of us knew how to fly the jets. Steve sat down in the pilot's chair, even if he wasn't doing anything. I think he just wanted to watch where we were going. 

I sat down in a chair behind him and pulled my hair out of the tight ponytail, relieving some of the pressure on my skull. I let my hair fall around my shoulders as I sighed with relief as the jet started flying into the air. There was nothing we could right now, so we may as well relax a little. 

"I'm sorry... about before, with the dream." Wanda murmured from behind me. I turned around to face her and she looked genuinely sorry. I know that she was just influenced by evil and wasn't actually evil. 

"It's okay, without your help today, we might have both been dead." I assured her with a smile while she looked down at her hands. Even though her face was hiding behind her hair, I knew that she had a small smile.

We arrived back at the tower within a few hours. During the majority of the flight, Steve and I talked about the little things, like the foods we loved, silly stories and anything about our lives that the other didn't already know. We also slept next to each other for a short time, regaining some energy. 

Wanda and Pietro slept almost the whole time. They did look before like they hadn't slept in days. I hoped that they would help us against Ultron. We could really use their help.