Chapter 62 ~ Baby Baby

My eyes flickered open to see blinding lights shining over my body. After I got over the initial shock of the bright lights, I looked past them to the room around me. 

The dark, rock-like walls enclosed a small lab. To the left, I saw a table with several pristine metal instruments on a tray next to a monitor that was beeping along with my heart rate. I looked to my right and saw a large holographic diagram of a body. I tried to move my fingers and as I did the hologram displayed movement in the fingers of the body.

I raised my head a little and saw that I was led down on a hospital bed with wires and tubes attached to my arms. Past my feet, I spotted a dark-skinned woman with a shaved head. She was wearing red and silver armour and carrying a long, sharp spear. She was staring straight ahead, on high alert but she hadn't noticed I was awake.

I then looked down to my stomach and expected to see the familiar sight of my bump but there was nothing there and I couldn't feel any kicking. 

My heart started to pound hard in my chest, sending the heart rate monitor berserk. The woman then noticed I was awake and started calling out the door in a foreign language.

I sat up abruptly and ran my hand over my stomach, the hologram mirroring my movements. I felt incredibly dizzy as I pulled my legs from the bed to the floor and urged myself to stand. 

The last thing I could remember was a group of women, similar to the one in the room, taking me to their jet and being in a ridiculous amount of pain. Now the pain is gone and so is my bump. 

More women, dressed the same, flooded into the room and ushered me to sit back down but I tried to force my way through them to the door. 

"Princess, please!" One of them pleaded as they grabbed my arms and forcefully moved me back to the bed. 

"We are trying to help you. Just calm down." Another urged as I thrusted my arms and legs in protest. Tears started to flow down my cheeks as I thought about what they could have done to me and my babies. 

Maybe I had been evicted from Earth and was now on a different planet. This was possible as I had never seen technology like this on Earth. Maybe Steve was caught and is locked up in some terrible prison and maybe they gave my babies to complete strangers.

I had no idea what was going on and the stress was causing my mind to break apart. I was yelling out for the women to leave me alone and calling out for Steve, but I felt like no one could hear me. 

One of the women tried to forcibly lie me down but as soon as she pushed down on my chest, I let out a ferocious sob and suddenly there wasn't a single hand on me. 

I looked through my tear-filled eyes and saw that all the women had been blasted to the floor by something. I then looked down to my hands which had small sparks of lightning crackling between my fingers. 

"What on Earth has happened in here?!" Shrieked a young girl with a thick accent that was similar to T'Challa's as she gasped, wide-eyed at the mess I had made.

One of the women then responded to the unfamiliar girl in a different language. The girl replied in the same dialect and the other women stood up and marched out of the room while I watched with a shocked expression. I was now alone with the young girl. 

"Hello, Princess Theia. My name is Shuri. You know my brother, T'Challa." She introduced with her hand stuck out politely. I hesitantly shook her hand, still extremely confused. "I bet you are wondering what happened." She chuckled at my expression, and I nodded my head lightly.

"Where are my babies?" I begged her, tears threatening to fall from my eyes as I feared the worst. 

"Do not worry, Princess. They will be here in a moment. Just lie down and relax. You don't want to scare them." She urged me and even though I had never met her before, I felt an instant trust for her.