Chapter 12 ~ Introductions

I landed a few feet away from Loki and Thor. We were in the midst of some kind of forest and had landed at the top of a small cliff. Loki had been thrown on the floor and was led on his back, he was laughing wickedly.

"Where is the Tesseract?" Thor boomed at the cackling Loki.

"I missed you, too." Loki grunted as he lifted his head from the rock. "And sister I'm glad to see a lack of wedding ring on your finger, does that mean Father let you off as he always does?"

"Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" Thor thundered at his brother's lack of morals.

"You should thank me. With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you two here, to your precious Earth?" Loki scowled as he pulled himself up from the floor.

Thor dropped Mjolnir on the floor before charging at Loki who was now standing. He grabbed him by the collar. "We thought you dead." Thor growled as he forced Loki to look at him.

"Did you mourn?" Loki murmured as he quickly glanced to me.

"Of course, we did Loki, you are our family, you belong with us! I was heartbroken when I saw you die. Well, not die, I guess." I cried as Loki rolled his eyes at me.

Thor pulled on Loki's collar forcing his attention back on himself. "We all did. Our Father..."

"Your father." Loki corrected; his voice full of spite. "He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?"

Thor's face fell at Loki's rejection. Loki began to walk towards me holding his back in pain. He stepped into the moonlight, and I noticed the green bruises on his face. Whoever it is controlling his actions, they are using force and pain to do it, making my heart ache.

"We were raised together. We played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Thor yelled at him as a tear released out of my eye, falling down my cheek.

Loki saw this and raised an eyebrow before turning back to argue with Thor as I watched sadly. "I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I, who was, who should be, king!"

"So, you take the world I love as a recompense for your imagined slights?" Loki opened his mouth to reply but Thor interrupted him. "No. The Earth is under mine and Theia's protection, Loki."

Loki burst into another wicked laugh. "And you're doing a marvellous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves while you idly fret. I mean to rule them, as why should I not?" Loki spoke as his eyes screamed with madness.

"Do you think yourself above them?" Thor asked.

Loki looked to the floor, contemplating his answer. He looked up, madness in his eyes. He was almost confused over Thor's disbelief. "Well, yes." Oh, Loki.

Thor walked towards Loki. "Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. A throne would suit you ill."

Loki elbowed his way past Thor to march back up to the peak of the cliff. "I have seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile. I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it..." His voice rung with lust for power.

"Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be king?" Thor interrupted as Loki's rage climbed higher and higher.

"I am a king!"

"Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream!" Thor boomed as he grabbed Loki's shoulders and shook him while he spoke. Then he softened slightly as he exhaled. "You come home."