Chapter 15 ~ Man Down

I barely even knew where I was going as I charged through the flustering agents throughout the Helicarrier. All I knew was that Loki was once again causing destruction and my body was burning with rage.

My legs took me down endless corridors and up and down different flights of stairs before I mindlessly found what I was searching for. Loki.

He was sat in the glass cell, facing away from me. "Loki!" I called to him, my voice ringing with my fury.

"Ah, Theia, finally decided to come and visit the brother you love oh so much" He hissed at me as he stood up to face me through the glass.

"Is your plan to kill us all, or something because-" I was interrupted by a not-so-distant roar, that shook the ceiling slightly. Loki began to chuckle wickedly, his grin spreading over his teeth, making him look manic. "No... your plan was to unleash the Hulk." I said softly as I realised what he had done. "The Hulk will destroy the Helicarrier with you on it!" I screamed at him trying to put some sense into him.

"No, sister, with you on it." He smiled evilly, making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I looked at him with confusion as he continued to grin erratically. How did he expect to be able to escape this mess? If we were going down, he was coming with us.

"Loki, please just stop this insanity and come home with us! If you stop now, I will talk to Father and he will-"

"I am a King!" He thundered at me as his face shook with strain. His eyes were bulging out of his face, and he looked completely insane.

"So you keep saying! But you are not a King!" I screamed back at him as I could feel my anger bursting with in me "And you will never be king, not like this! Not by violence! You need to deserve it first, and you will never deserve it!" I screeched at him. I looked down at my hands and they were crackling with golden electricity. It felt good.

I pulled my hands apart as a ball of light glowed in between my hands. The ball got bigger the longer I held it. I was losing control. I didn't know what I was going to do with this energy but before I could make a decision I was knocked off my feet by the force of the Helicarrier tipping to one side. Another engine must be down, meaning we were falling like a giant rock from the sky.

'Looks like my ride is here.' Loki joked as he laughed at his fallen sister.

I looked up and saw a man stood at the control panel a few metres away from me. He was holding a bow and arrow, taught up against his cheek. He pressed a few buttons leading to the locks on Loki's cell releasing. I was collapsed on the floor, barely able to move. The use of my powers for the first time in so long must have temporarily drained my energy.

I watched as my brother sauntered out of his cell. The man who helped him must have been Agent Barton. He turned to me, led on the floor and aimed his bow and arrow at me, his eyes shining an extra-terrestrial-kind of blue.

"Don't bother with that one. She's not worth the waste of an arrow." Loki grunted as he looked down on me in disgust.

Another person walked in carrying a gun and Loki's sceptre. He handed the sceptre to Loki and whispered something to Barton making him leave with the other man. Loki then broke off into an illusion and hid his true form around a corner. His illusion walked up, not carrying the sceptre and stood just outside the now open cell.

"No!" I heard someone yell as Loki faked exiting the cell. Thor burst out from the corridor and charged at the escaped Loki illusion.

"Thor! No!" I croaked at him clutching my heart as Thor crashed through the illusion into the cell, the door locking behind him.