Chapter 50 ~ Very Suspicious

"Excuse me for a moment." I excused myself, leaving Steve with my father. He'll be fine, I hope. If that really was Heimdall I needed to follow him. He wouldn't have come here risking imprisonment to then run away and not expect me to follow him.

I weaved my way through the crowd, pushing past people trying to greet me, hoping to catch another glimpse of him.

After escaping the crowd of people, I spotted Heimdall at the end of a side street in the village. He waved his hand out suggesting for me to follow him and I did. He stopped at the end of a deserted alley, and I walked over to him with a frown on my face.

"Not here." He muttered as I met him at the end of the alley.

"Then why did you stop?" I asked him with my hands on my hips, taking a few deep breaths because I had a feeling that where we would be going was into the mountains.

"I had to make sure that you were actually following me and not just wandering around." He chuckled as I followed him towards the stream that led to the mountains.

"For someone who can see everything, you can be surprisingly stupid." I tell him as we begin to hike a trail leading to some of the ancient caves that my mother used to tell me about. 

"Where are Sif and the Warriors Three? I haven't seen them yet?" I asked him as we walked.

"They are trailing Thor around, making sure he doesn't get himself killed. They are also trying to make good connections with other galaxies and planets without the knowledge of the Allfather." He answered with a huff. "So, twins, huh?"

"So, treason, huh?" It had been quite a while since the two of us had caught up. The strange thing about it though, was that Heimdall knew pretty much everything I had been up to, but I was completely left in the dark about his current lifestyle.

"'I think you should know that not everything is as it seems.'" He quoted himself.

"People keep saying that to me with some stupid and hard to read, hidden message and I am sick of it. So, if you are going to keep not telling me things and confuse the hell out of me, then I am going to turn around and return back to my amazing fiancé who is probably panicking, not having a clue where I am or where to find me on a planet he doesn't know." I scoff, coming to a stop on the trail.

Heimdall stopped and turned to face me, a few paces ahead. "I can't tell you exactly what I mean yet. But please follow me." He sighed with a sympathetic smile on his face causing me to huff and follow him again.

After a few more minutes of hiking the trail running alongside the mountain we reached the back entrance of the ancient cave reserved as a haven if Asgard was ever invaded and our defences were beaten.

Heimdall pressed his fingers to the ground and drew three lines, causing the doors to open up revealing a well-lit hall with supplies towered near the entrance. Standing next to the supplies was Sinikka.

"What the Hel are you doing here?" I call to her as I run and hug her, having not seen her in ages.

"I do not appreciate that language young lady." She sternly told me off as she held my face with both hands allowing her to survey my appearance.

"Someone better explain to me what on Asgard is going on here." I demand after finishing my reconciliation with Sinikka.

"Something is coming, not for a while, but it will be the end of Asgard. It also has a lot to do with your family. It is neither of our places to say but you will find out soon enough. We are gathering supplies so that when the end is near, we will be ready and able to save the people of Asgard." Sinikka explained but it didn't exactly help because she left out the main question of 'why?'.