Chapter 29 ~ What Next?

We just saved the universe again. No big deal. I'm hoping that because we did such a great job, that Father will let us off with a light slap on the wrist. We technically saved his life in the scheme of things so he kind of owes us, but I'm sure he will try to not mention that. 

I lay flat on my back in the middle of Greenwich University. The dust had settled now, and Thor was on his feet, holding Jane. People started to swarm the area, taking lots of pictures. We were definitely going to be on the news. I tried to smile brightly, then if anyone took a picture of me, I would look happy. Even if I wasn't. 

Erik walked over to me and away from the lip-locked Ian and Darcy. "So, back to Asgard for you?" He asked me as we both looked at the two couples. 

"Maybe, I mean, we will have to sort things out with our father, he is probably really angry with us right now. We kind of committed treason, but I'm sure it will be fine." I babbled hopefully. 

We looked over to Thor and Jane who were wrapped up in each other's arms. She must know that he would have to leave soon and was clinging on to their last moments together.

"Is he going to return? I don't think Jane will be able to cope if he leaves her for another two years." He asked me with a light chuckle.

"Father will have a very difficult time keeping him away from her." I replied with a smirk. As jealous as I was that Thor had his happy ending with Jane, I knew that I couldn't ruin this moment for them by breaking it up. I knew we had to go home soon but I wanted to prolong that moment as long as I could. 

"Are you going to return?" He asked me with genuine curiosity. 

I pondered my answer for a moment. "I don't know yet. I definitely like it here and there seems to be a lot more problems here than any of the other Nine Realms. Maybe you need our help." I joked as I remembered the incidents in New York, but I couldn't think of them without being reminded of Steve. 

"You're kind of famous here, you know? You're an Avenger." Erik told me. 

I cocked my head at him and raised my eyebrow. "An Avenger?" I asked.

"Yeah, Tony Stark is one of them, Iron Man. Then there's Bruce Banner, Black Widow, Hawkeye, I remember him guarding the Tesseract when I worked on it for S.H.I.E.L.D. I think Loki got to him too. Sorry, about that again. Oh yes, and there's Captain America." My stomach tightened at the mention of him. I know Erik meant well but he just mentioned two extremely sensitive topics for me at the moment. "Stark turned the tower in New York into their facility. If you do plan on returning, I suggest you check it out." He suggested.

I thought about seeing my friends again. I would probably try and avoid Steve, but I still wanted to see the others. "Maybe I will." I answered him.

Thor then started to walk over to us hand in hand with Jane. Darcy and Ian had run off somewhere, hopefully somewhere more private. "Are you ready, Theia?" He asked me quite sadly as he kept Jane's hand in his. 

"Do I have a choice?" I sarcastically responded. Thor smirked before he kissed Jane's hand and let it go. He then walked towards me, everyone cleared out of the way. "Heimdall, if Father didn't kill you, please let us return to Asgard." I asked politely.

Nothing happened for a few seconds and Thor, and I looked at each other confused. Then light started to streak around us, sucking us back to Asgard. We arrived in the familiar golden structure on Asgard. Heimdall stood on his podium. Thank Odin he wasn't fired. 

"You two are in a world of trouble." He warned us as we speed walked straight for the palace. 

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Heimdall." I jokingly call at him as we hurry past him.