Chapter 14 ~ Unleash the Hulk

S.H.I.E.L.D.? I remember when I first met Agent Coulson and I think he said something about a shield, I thought it must have been a literal shield or something not an organisation. But if this man was in charge, I better explain that we are there to help.

"Director? So, are you in charge around here?" I asked, still trying to not be intimidated by him.

"Clever of you to put that together." He answered rather patronisingly, making me raise an eyebrow sassily. "I assume you understand why we have your brother locked up, and why we are asking for your help in taking him down."

"Mr Fury, I would take pleasure in helping you 'take him down', but Loki has committed crimes on Asgard as well, and since it is where he is from, it is our duty to return him home, where he will be punished by Odin, along with the Tesseract. We kind of need it to get home." I responded as he remained expressionless, which made it very difficult to comprehend whether he understood.

"I appreciate your agreement to help, but first we need to find the Tesseract-"

"I can help with that too, potentially. I studied it for about a week before arriving here on Midgard. There were quite a few books in the palace library, helping me to understand its qualities. I don't know about the sceptre I heard Steve mention, but if it's powered by the Tesseract, it may be linked to the infinity stones." I explained to Fury.

"Infinity stones?" Steve chipped in.

"Well, it's said that there are 6 infinity stones spread throughout the universe, and I read that the Tesseract could be one of them. There wasn't much information about that part though." I further explained to Fury and Steve while Thor nodded along.

Fury nodded to Agent Coulson. "We will take any help we can get." He ever so slightly curled his lips into a tight smile before leaving with the brunette girl and Agent Coulson.

I turned around to Steve who had just stood up. "So, monkeys?" I ask him with a grin.

"It's about a witch who used monkeys to do her work for her. It's from a movie in 1939. It's called 'The Wizard of Oz', maybe when this is over, I could show it to you?" He asked politely, the blood rushing to my cheeks and my heart fluttering.

I bit my lip slightly before spreading them into a smirk. "I would like that very much. I've never seen a 'movie' before."

"Well, I haven't seen any new ones, but I can show you a few old ones." He admitted taking a step towards me, my heart pounding in my throat and my palms sweating.

Thor must have noticed the 'something' between us as he marched over pulling me away by the wrist towards one of the agents sat at a desk. I looked back at Steve apolitically, I think he understood as he returned the smile before going off in the direction that Bruce and the metal man went.

Agent Coulson re-entered the room and approached Thor and I who were now looking over the files of the people we had just met. The metal man, who I learned was appropriately called Iron Man and the man inside was named Tony Stark, had built his suit himself and saved many people on more than one occasion. He was also deemed unfit for something called the 'Avengers Initiative' due to his characteristics.

Steve was actually a super soldier, who fought in the war in the 1940s. I knew a relative amount about mortals and knew that they usually didn't look that good if they were over 90 years old. I decided not to read too much on him as I wanted to actually learn the information from him.

Dr Banner had tried to replicate the serum used on Steve, but it went wrong leading to him having the ability to turn into a big green monster. As this stemmed from his failure, it made sense he was embarrassed by it.