Chapter 63 ~ Against the Law

A few days later, and we are still staying in the palace in Wakanda. It has been an incredible experience learning about the different culture and the extraordinarily advancements they have made in technology.

Shuri explained that I had made a full recovery and that my powers and abilities should be completely back to normal in the coming days. The babies are perfectly healthy as well. Moral is a little low after the events in Berlin and Siberia, but every time I looked into the wondrous blue eyes of my children, I couldn't imagine being happier.

After speaking with Shuri about Bucky's head and his mind control, or lack thereof, she claimed that she needed more time to figure out how to fix it and cure him. She suggested cryogenically freezing him, so that in the meantime, he doesn't have to fear hurting anyone.

To Steve's dismay, Bucky agreed to do it and was going to stay here in Wakanda, which he seemed pretty excited about.

We decided to name the boy James, after Bucky, and the girl Aurora. Mainly after the dawn, but also the Disney princess. She certainly fits the role too, sleeping enough for all of us.

They are both so tiny and adorable that you cannot take your eyes off of them. Their enchanting minuscule hands and feet and the sweet tufts of blonde hair would cause even the coldest of hearts to melt at their fingertips.

With their Asgardian blood, they have developed much quicker than a human child. They are already filling the room with intoxicating giggles and laughter, smiling magnetising grins and have managed to wrap everyone in the palace around their little fingers.

It was now the day that Bucky was being put into the cryogenic freezer.

Steve was moping around a little, sad that after just getting his best friend back, he had to say goodbye again.

Bucky had already said goodbye to the children, with a little biased attention towards James, as we tried to avoid bringing them into the lab. I had no doubt that he would see them again. They were now quietly napping with a handmaid nearby.

After a series of injections, Bucky was ready to be frozen. Steve and I entered the lab after a doctor was finished checking him. He didn't even look nervous or scared, which I definitely would be.

"You sure about this?" Steve asked him nervously.

"I can't trust my own mind." Bucky answered sadly. Over the past few days, we have managed to become fast friends. It made sense, as hardly any of my friendships haven't been formed around a world-saving incident.

"So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody." He justified his decision before standing up and walking towards us for the last time for a while.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and squeezed tightly before whispering, "Take good care of my boy. He's only a skinny kid." in my ear.

"Which one are you talking about? James or Steve?" I whispered back with a giggle as we pulled apart and smiled at each other.

"Both." He laughed before Steve gave him a similar embrace.

"Don't do anything stupid until I get back." Steve warned him with a smile and a hand clapped on his shoulder.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." He replied with a nostalgic smile.

It wasn't that difficult for either of us as we knew it wasn't the end. We would see Bucky again soon, I knew it.

The doctor then returned and guided Bucky over to the cryogenic freezer. The doctor strapped him in before the glass door slid shut with a whir. Bucky closed his eyes before freezing cold air filled the cryogenic freezer with a hiss causing frost to cover the glass while Bucky slept peacefully.