Chapter 33 ~ The Enhanced

---Theia's POV---

We had landed the Quinjet in Sokovia, ready to retrieve Loki's sceptre, something we have been looking for the past few weeks.

I was riding on the back of the truck that Natasha was driving. Clint was in the backseat taking out Hydra soldiers with his bow and arrow while I hung onto the railing at the back absorbing the energy blasts that the Hydra soldiers were firing at the truck, stopping them from affecting our pursuit of the base. Natasha drove the truck through the tall bare trees while simultaneously taking out these flying robots that were trying to protect the base.

The ground was coated with a blanket of snow, making it much harder to keep a low profile, especially when one of us was green.

After absorbing the energy from the blasts, I would fire them right back, blowing up many soldiers and a truck that started chasing after us.

I saw Steve drive past on his motorbike as he took out soldiers with his shield. He was so good at that, and he looked really good on a motorbike.

Hulk ran in front of the truck, throwing the soldiers in the path into the trees very aggressively.

We then came to a barricade in the path and had to leap out of the truck, so we were on the ground now. I pulled my batons from my back and charged them up, electrocuting several of the attacking soldiers.

I saw Tony fly up towards the base and crash into what looked like an energy shield. "Shit!" I heard him yell through the comms.

"Language!" I heard Steve yell after him. I chuckled a little as I slashed the head of a robot off from its body. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis responded with his automated voice.

Thor landed beside me, smashing his hammer into a soldier that was creeping up on me. I nod at him in thanks. "Loki's sceptre must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last." He explained to the others as he flung Mjolnir at another flying robot.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long." I heard Natasha call as she shot some of the soldiers firing from the bunkers.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint added, making me laugh a little.

"Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'" I heard Tony say as Thor took off to take out more of the bunkers. I looked over to my left and saw Steve riding straight for me on his motor bike.

"I know." He replied before he stood up on the bike and pulled it over his head, throwing at a truck that was headed straight for me, making it crash and sending the soldiers driving it spilling out the top. "Just slipped out." He breathed deeply as I stared at him, shocked that he just saved me.

Well, I wasn't shocked that he saved me because he would save anyone that was in danger, but it still surprised me. He nodded towards me with a slight smile, and I just stared at him blankly. This was the first interaction we had had that wasn't a simple nod as we crossed paths, and I started to get all nervous again.

I heard Natasha yell out Clint's name as she ran to him but before I could run over and help, a blueish blur zoomed past Steve and I, flipping us up in the air. Steve stuck the landing pretty well while I flopped awkwardly on the floor. Completely embarrassing myself.

Steve stood back up quickly. "We have an Enhanced in the field." He called through to the others. He then stepped a little closer to me and held out his hand. I stuck my hand up into his hand and he pulled me up to my feet. When our hands touched for the first time in such a long time, sparks tingled up my arm. My heart started pounding in my throat as my eyes widened. "Are you okay?" He asked me quickly.