Chapter 85 ~ Went For the Head

We all separated to prepare for the coming battle.

Rocket and Nebula had set off outside to repair what they could of the ship, while the rest of us changed into more appropriate clothes. 

I hurried up the stairs to check if there was any alternative armour that I could wear, left over from before we left, as mine was burnt and tattered and I didn't want to look weak again in front of Thanos, or anyone. I didn't need anyone thinking I wasn't anything less than ready.

I made my way to Steve and I's old room, thinking how the last time I had been in there had been when we were preparing for the twin's arrival and my chest felt tighter with the constant reminder that they were gone.

But we were going to get them back. 

I found that Tony had left the room the same from when we left and filtered through the wardrobe to find a set of armour from before I became pregnant.

It was shiny and untarnished, seemingly barely worn. It had a gold breastplate that cut just underneath my shoulders leaving blue material to cover my arms with gold gauntlets over my wrists. A darker shade of blue covered my legs, with a smaller, floaty skirt covering the leggings. It used to be skin tight, but it was loose on my skin, falling just over my knees.

I smoothed down the material, trying to ignore my reflection before scurrying downstairs to see if I could help get the ship into space.

I turned to head back into the meeting room, my tension as high as my expectations. I was barely looking two feet in front of myself, causing me to crash into my brother who was carrying his new and improved hammer.

"God. You scared me." I panted, recovering from the slight shock.

I had recognised the hammer earlier. Our father had taken Loki and I to Nivadellir when I was a lot younger to collect some weapons the elves had made for our army. 

And Loki being Loki, went snooping and found the blueprints for a weapon called 'Stormbreaker' that was identical to the weapon Thor had in his hands.

It had been designed so that if Thor or I ever became too powerful and went against Odin's desires, he would have a weapon strong enough to fight us.

Thor had never seen it and had never experienced the slight fear over your own father needing to take the precautions in case he needed to kill us. Seeing it in his hands right now was slightly unnerving, but he was probably the best person to posses it over someone that was trying to kill him. I just hoped he wouldn't use it to kill me.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I studied his new, different coloured eye that replaced the gash our sister had given him.

"Getting ready. Aren't you supposed to be doing the same?" I answered, glancing down at my fresh clothing.

"I'm always ready." He huffed, sounding a little irritated that I even asked.

"You sure?" I checked, seeming a little unsure of his certainty as he nodded with a slight twitch. It seemed that we shared the same defensiveness over the others underestimating us right now. 

Thor had fought him twice, and lost twice, so he must have at least a fraction of the worry that the others didn't believe we were capable as I did. I had lost three times. It was humiliating and and the only thing I had to defend my strength was the fact that I was stopped by Steven.

"I have to kill him, Thor. I have to be the one to do it. I have to avenge Loki. We can bring everyone else back but he is gone and Thanos has to suffer for it." I shuddered, my blood growing hotter in my veins as I thought of the pain I wanted to inflict on Thanos.