Chapter 44 ~ Sokovia Part 2

As we guided all the people in sight onto the lifeboats, I saw a squadron of robots, headed to attack the Helicarrier. Before I could even react, Rhodey appeared in his War Machine suit, taking out all the robots in the sky. Tony also flew alongside him as they blew up the flying robots together. This might actually work.

The people that Fury had assembled to help out, were now getting off the lifeboats and setting up guns, ready to strike down any attacking robots. 

We hurried all the people that we had gathered in the shelters onto the lifeboats which then flew back to the main Helicarrier. 

"Thor, I got a plan." I heard Tony strain through the comms. I stopped ushering people to listen in to Tony's plan. 

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor informed us. We all needed to get to that core, now. I waved over to Steve, Wanda and Pietro, who had also listened, and we started to run towards the centre of the city.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony instructed his friend as the rest of us made our way through the streets of the floating city.

"On it." I heard Rhodey confirm.

"Avengers, time to work for a living." Tony commanded and I saw him fly overhead.

Steve had caught up with me and we ran together. He clasped his hand around my own. Now, was one of the 'in between moments' where we could think about each other, while saving the world. I squeezed it tighter as we neared the church.

"Not the way I was originally intending on running into a church with you, but I guess it will have to do." Steve whispered to me, making me giggle like a child, before we joined my brother, Vision and Tony fighting the Ultron robots. 

The blue blur then joined us as we protected the core.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'." Tony questioned through the comms after we had taken out the incoming bots.

"Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly." She responded as a big yellow truck came charging towards the church, with Nat driving. She had crashed into more robots on her way, destroying them.

"What's the drill?" She asked after hoping out the truck and joined us standing around the core.

"This is the drill." Tony explained, pointing to the core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Hulk then came smashing into the church and joined our defence. 

The main Ultron robot then defended from the sky, looking a lot more 'refined' since our last encounter.

"Is that the best you can do?!" My brother boomed to him. Oh, for goodness sake. 

"Honestly, brother. Why do you always do that?" I sighed as Ultron lifted his hand up, summoning hundreds of robots, headed our way. Just brilliant.

The robots charged at us like a herd of bilge snipe, ready to take us down. But we were going to beat them to it, while defending the core. 

The robots lined up behind their master. We collectively sighed as we scoped out the battle we were about to fight. "You had to ask." Steve sighed in dismay of my stupid brother's stupid question.

"It's his stupid thing." I scoff at Thor who tried to hide a small smirk.

"I thought I had explained what it does, sister." He smirked. True and to be honest he was right. At least this way if Ultron does show us the 'best he has got' then it will be even more of a relief when we defeat 'his best'.