Chapter 71 ~ Bring on the Fire

We were both too stunned to speak. 

I was surprised that the person I was about to rip the throat out of was blasted to kingdom come and Maja was surprised she had done it. 

We locked eyes for a moment, completely shocked before she shook herself awake and jogged over to the control panel keeping me in the cell and released me. 

I nodded thanks to her before looking over to the mess that had been created.

Nathair had left a sizeable indent in the wall where the stone crumbled under the sheer force of his body. He was already trying to get to his feet by the time I could see him.

He leaned over to two of the swords that had fallen from his back and snatched them from the floor. He looked towards us, murder in his eyes, and started prowling towards us like a starving lion, ready for its wounded gazelle. 

But that is not how the story goes. I may be wounded but I was not about to be a meal. 

Maja looked slightly nervous as he swung the swords in his hands, but I was ready to end this imbeciles journey. 

"This is going to be fun." I mutter to myself as Maja steps out of the way, knowing this was my fight. 

I flushed the burning agony in my abdomen to the back of my mind as I absorbed energy from the Tesseract, which was sitting, untouched, in the vault. I felt the force flowing through my limbs as my pace quickened while I charged at him.

As my heart beat faster, I leapt from the ground, into the air, my fist itching to break his face. The power surged through my body as I collided with him, forcing him to the ground.

After making sure he was down, I looked over to Maja and saw that there was a small army of Hela's creepy skeleton zombies coming down the steps. She instantly jumped into action and started burning them to ashes.

I glanced down to my hands, which were still glowing from the use of the Tesseract. There was a golden outline of light tracing around the edge of my body. I was actually glowing. This was weird. 

Nathair stirred as he reached for one of the swords that had clattered to the floor. He stood up, looked at me with bewilderment as my body shone with gleaming light. He shook it off as he raised the weapon close to his face and glared at me, past the blade. He just kept coming back for more.

I look near my own feet and see the other sword waiting to be picked up. I clasped my hand firmly around the cool handle and held it the same way he did.

We edged our feet closer, ready to duel. I looked into his icy eyes as tickles of blood rolled down his face and through his open, panting mouth. He spat it out, determined to defy any sign of his growing weakness. 

The would be his last fight. It had to be a good one. 

"This seems a little familiar." He grumbled as we started to edge around each other, not breaking the tension between our blades.

I thought back to our first meeting. I became repulsed by my previous thoughts that the corrupt man stood before me was attractive. I beat him before and I will beat him now, especially since I am stronger than ever with the force of my family driving me.

"Then you will remember how it ended last time. I'll even make it fair." I smirked with a glint of aggression as I held my left hand up and tucked it behind my back. He would definitely be feeling the pain of the two blasts by now so, I figured if I wanted a fair fight, I could lose a hand. It would also make it even more satisfying for me to win this way.