Chapter 81 ~ Kicking Names, Taking Ass

The dust fanned through the air as I fell towards the ground, supported by Tony. "Piece of cake, Quill." He chimed as he dropped me near Steven.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." Quill yelled in response as he started to charge before the debris exploded in a purple storm and Thanos's figure could be seen underneath.

The blast knocked Steven and I from our feet before Thanos turned the broken pieces into thousands of birds by using the Reality Stone. They all flew at Tony, chasing him away and Steven helped me up from the ground.

"Was this part of the plan?" I grunt as I watch Tony get chased away by the flock.

"Well, we have to expect him to fight back." Steven replied as Peter swung down from his hiding place and shot a web at Thanos's eyes, blocking his vision before kicking him in the jaw as he swung away.

Drax then slid behind Thanos and sliced the back of his knees causing him to grunt in pain as he was ambushed by our team.

I turned around to see Steven disappear through a portal and then reappear behind Thanos, creating a sword using his magic and fought alongside Drax as Thanos tried to fend them off.

Quill then swooped nearby, firing a few blasts at Thanos before looping back to me and holding his hand out. I grasped hold of it as he yanked me into the air with him.

We flew back over to the fight, where Thanos was blindly fighting off Steven after whacking Drax to the floor. Quill dropped me in the perfect position as I fell into a forceful kick to the side of Thanos's head before landing a few feet away, ready for more.

I couldn't help but feel a little afraid to use power from the stones as it hurt simply being near them. If I could, I had to survive this, killing Thanos and coming out the other side. I hoped that I wouldn't have to use the full force of the stones to do that as it may mean losing my life.

Just as I sprung back into action, Thanos ripped Peter's web from his face so I quickly refracted the light so it blasted in his eyes, blinding him for a moment.

He then used the Power Stone to blast me away and I fell through the air, crashing into a broken window frame.

I winced in pain before jumping back up and watching Thanos continue to fight Steven. I figured that the only way I would be truly useful during this fight would be if I actually used the power I possessed.

I climbed through the broken frame as my fingertips started to glow as I absorbed a fraction of power from the stones. The glow crept up my arms, flowing over my chest before coating my whole body before the burning started and my skin blistered under the heat, every part of me aching.

I ran over to them, the cool air whipping through my hair and slightly cooling my burning flesh. I conjured smaller orbs and threw them at Thanos's head in hopes of distracting him from his fight with Steven, but they were barely affecting him as the stones protected him.

I tried to use more power to the point were my skin felt so tight it might burst as my head felt lighter and the dark spots filled the sky. I was about to pass out, taking myself out of action before Steven created a portal underneath my feet as I feel through it, landing near the crashed ship.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as I tried to regain my strength while Quill swept in to finish my fight.

I looked at the faint glow that remained around my skin before my eyes wandered to the fresh blisters covering my uncovered flesh and probably residing under my armour, too. I winced as I touched them and tried to squish the pain down to nothing as I glanced back over to the fight.