Chapter 67 ~ The Mountains

"What? You didn't see me coming?" Heimdall chuckled a little as he reached to lower the sword which was now held up to his neck in defence.

I sighed deeply with relief at the realisation that my sister hadn't come to kill me too. "Ha ha ha. That's hilarious. You are a really funny guy." I scoffed jokingly as I tried to regain my composure which seemed to be slipping out of reach.

I took a deep breath before looking past Heimdall and back to the corpses of my friends who had nobly died trying to protect their home. I felt another wave of sadness wash over my mind as I fondly remembered our escapades in battle and the celebratory drinks afterwards.

Heimdall must have noticed my wandering mind as he tilted his head, blocking my vision from Fandrall's body. "Come on. We have to go." He urged me with a sympathetic hand on my wrist as I lowered the sword and followed him off the platform and towards the rainbow bridge.

"We have to go this way in order to not be seen." He explained as he pointed over the edge of the Bifrost and towards the rocks that went down to the water that flowed below the rainbow bridge.

"Good plan. I don't want to bump into her again." I shivered as I was reminded unwillingly of her stone-cold, soul-piercing, murderous stare.

It became obvious by the trail of dampened stone under the Bifrost that Heimdall had climbed it up, but clearly didn't see the point of climbing down as carefully, as he stepped off the edge of the bridge and plunged into the waters below.

The sword gripped tight in my hands I followed him, leaping of the bridge. The wind flushed through my long hair as I fell before crashing into the cool water as it rushed over my skin.

I stayed under the surface for a few moments and looked up through the crystal waters to see the sun dancing happily on the lapping water. I pushed my arms down to my sides, forcing my body to the surface and allowing air to re-enter my lungs again.

We then started swimming towards the mountains, past the town, whilst hiding under the bridge. It was rather easy sneaking around with someone who could see everything in the whole universe as we hardly needed to worry about someone sneaking up on us, but we still had to be careful.

"You aren't going to believe me, but I actually didn't see you coming." Heimdall muttered as he started squeezing water out of his cloak and hair while I did the same.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion.

"I saw you fall through the Bifrost, along with your brothers." He admitted.

"But I didn't? Are they okay?" I questioned, hoping that they hadn't actually died.

"Are they ever okay?" He chuckled dryly in response which told me that they were fine, probably rather annoyed, but fine.

"Excellent point. Why do you think you couldn't see me?" I inquired him as we started to clamber up the steep trail towards the stronghold in the mountains, which I suspected would be much more populated than the last time I saw it.

"I think your brother must have used an enchantment to shroud you from your maniac of a sister." Heimdall explained his theory, which he must have been thinking about on the journey.

"This family, I swear." I sighed as I remembered just how much drama my brothers and I had been involved in, particularly Loki.

I glanced over the forest to see the village and watched as Hela's chaos began by starting a few fires. I hoped whoever was nearby was putting up a fight or that they were safe.

"The people of Earth think Loki is bad, I really hope they never meet my sister." I sighed, looking away from the flames and watching my feet as I climbed higher and higher.