Chapter 77 ~ The Reality Stone

I was sat in the seat next to the captain's chair as we hurtled through space towards a jump point that would take us to Knowhere.

Quill and Gamora had just come back from preparing for the fight and he sat on the captain's chair, while she sat on a chair below, with obvious worry on her face.

We took it in shifts to fly the ship while the others prepared for the fight. I had used their shower to clean off as much of the blood and charred skin that I could and tied my hair up in an aggressive ponytail, ready to fight. I still looked rather dishevelled but now wasn't the time to care about appearance. 

A few minutes passed and Mantis and Drax joined us, equipped with their weapons and ready to arrive at our destination but I figured we should devise some sort of plan before we jump into the unknown.

"When we arrive, we should go straight to the Collector's collection room while not drawing any attention to ourselves as Knowhere isn't the kind of place to make yourselves known. If Thanos is there-" I started before Quill jumped in rudely.

"Listen, your majesty... We don't really do plans. We just rock up and make it up as we go along." He explained and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

"That is a terrible idea. And it is 'your highness'." I snapped with a smirk. "The Collector will give us the Reality Stone when we arrive and then we-" 

"What makes you think he will just give it to you?" He interrupted again.

"The Aether is under the possession of Asgard after we extracted it from Thor's ex-girlfriend. We had to leave it somewhere else as we already had the Space Stone on Asgard." I explained, trying to control my temper around this imbecile.

"That still doesn't mean he will just give it to you." He provided an actually valid point.

"Well, if he doesn't, I will show him what will happen." I shrugged, prepared to do what ever it took to get this stone before Thanos.

"Do you think it is wise to go into this all emotional." Quill suggested, a little nervous of what my reaction would be. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. It is called drive." I gritted my teeth as he continued to rile me up.

"But you're a little... unstable, aren't you?" He wondered, sounding even more nervous.

"I don't think so." I sassed back, earning a chuckle from Gamora and Quill's face contorted into shock.

"Neither do I." He shrugged off his doubts as I glared at him while we passed through the jump point. 

A giant head appeared in our vision, and we flew directly into the eye which revealed the surprisingly deserted Knowhere. The usually brightly lit buildings were left in darkness and there wasn't a soul in sight.

"This place looks deserted." Quill observed as the ship glided in-between the infrastructure.

"The stone is definitely here." I remarked as I began to feel the power radiating off of an Infinity Stone, not being able to determine how many yet.

"I'm reading movement. From the third quadrant." Drax announced after scanning the seemingly deserted place.

"Yep. I'm picking that up, too." Quill added as he steered the ship towards the movement.

"Let's land over there." I suggested, pointing to a landing bay that was near where the movement had been detected while being far enough that we didn't instantly announce our arrival to whatever may be waiting for us.

"I'm the captain... Let's put down right here." Quill directed with his constant need to be in charge even though he followed my suggestion and started landing the ship exactly where I had suggested.