Chapter 32 ~ Jealousy

I spent the next few days helping Bruce in his lab, mainly just lifting things in place for him while he took measurements and ran tests. If I wasn't in the lab, I was training in the gym, which was usually pretty empty. It was the perfect place to clear my head.

I was reading in the main lounge of the tower when a familiar red head strutted into the room. Natasha smiled and raised her eyebrows when she saw me. I wasn't sure whether she knew I was back or not before, but she knew now. 

"Theia, good to see you again." She smiled as she pulled me in for a hug which shocked me as I didn't think she was the type of person to hug anyone. 

"It's great to see you again too!" I chirp as she pulls away and picked up a pile of files from the table. 

"Clint, Tony and Bruce are upstairs, if you'd like to join us. We're just discussing the HYDRA bases that we need to shut down." She explained. 

"Yes, of course. I'll follow you up." I replied as we made our way towards the stairs. I saw the boys with serious expressions as they were gathered around a table and pointed to different locations on a map of Europe.

"Great to see you again Clint." I called to him as I entered the room. 

"Hey! Your brothers not here, is he?" He asked me nervously.

I opened my mouth to explain but Tony took the words right out of my mouth. "Loki's dead." He said just as bluntly as I had done. His imitation made me laugh a little, even if it was a little disrespectful. 

Everyone looked at Tony disapprovingly. "What?" He responded, acting surprised. 

"The word you are looking for is: Anyway." Clint added as he tried to change the conversation topic. 

"When I released all of S.H.I.E.L.D and HYDRA's files, I uncovered all of their secret bases around the world. The majority of them are in America but there are a few in Europe. We still have no idea which one has Loki's sceptre, which should be one of our priorities." Natasha explained as everyone regained focus. 

"Thor will want to help. I'll get hold of him." I chipped in remembering that Thor and I have sworn to protect Earth, and this certainly entails that. 

"Yay, we're getting the band back together." Tony joked. 

"I'll call Steve. He will definitely be down to help." Natasha added making me shuffle my feet awkwardly at the mention of his name as it echoed through my mind.

We then continued to discuss the HYDRA bases and Natasha explained, in detail, what her and Steve had got up to. She didn't mention anything about Steve having a girlfriend but why would she. Once we had finalised a timetable, we disbanded, and I went back to my room to connect with Jane and Thor. 

Before we left London, Jane had given me a piece of paper with her number on it, in case I ever needed it and figured that calling her was my best option at getting to Thor. 

I pulled the little note out of the drawer in my desk and dialled the number into the phone. It dialled a few times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" I heard Jane's voice call though the phone.

"Hi! Jane! It's Theia, I was wondering if I could talk to my brother?" I replied.

"Yeah sure! I'll just grab him." She stated before the line went quiet for a moment.

"Sister, how is it flying solo?" My brother's loud voice practically shouted through the phone, startling me. I don't think he got the whole 'phone' concept yet.