Chapter 36 ~ Revels

---Steve's POV---

I hated leaving her there like that. If I could, I would have stayed there with her forever, but Sam and I had a lead we needed to follow up on Bucky.

Sam was already waiting for me when I arrived, but it didn't matter because the person we waited for to show up never came, meaning our case went cold again. We had no more leads, and it was becoming more and more difficult to find him.

We waited all day until I had to leave to get ready for the party. I invited Sam along with me, figuring we could both use the pick-up.

We arrived in the elevator and saw hundreds of people spread around the main floors of the tower, all laughing, telling stories and drinking. As we walked in the room together, I kept an eye out for Theia. We greeted a few people before Sam practically ran to the pool table.

We stayed at the pool table for a little while and played a few games while I stalked the crowd for my girl. After a while some ex-veterans came over and told us to stop hogging the table, so we surrendered and walked up the stairs to the balcony, allowing us to look over the party with ease. Still no sign of Theia.

I had just finished telling Sam about the fight in Sokovia. "Sounds like a hell of a fight. Sorry I missed it."

"If I had known it was gonna be a firefight, I absolutely would have called." I explained, hoping he wasn't actually mad that I didn't invite him.

"No, no. I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy." Sam conceded as we looked over the party scene below us, I continued to scan the scene for the only person that really mattered.

"Be it ever so humble." I added.

"You find a place in Brooklyn yet?" Sam asked me. I had been looking for an apartment in my hometown for a while but nowhere actually felt like home. It was also really expensive.

"I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn." I stated and Sam chuckled, knowing I was probably right.

"Well, home is home, you know?" Sam added as he took a sip of his drink. I thought about what he had said. Brooklyn was my home in the 40's but now I'm not sure. Honestly, the only time I ever felt at home was when I was with her. I think I could be living in a cave on a freezing mountain but if she was there with me, it would feel like home. I guess that when they say home is where the heart is, they know what they're talking about.

Suddenly a literal goddess appeared at the edge of the crowd. She was wearing this royal blue dress; it was pretty short and I wasn't sure I wanted all the other guys in the room looking at that much of her but if she was comfortable so was I.

I became completely entranced by her. I couldn't pull my eyes from her perfection, her beauty made me weak at the knees. If it meant I could watch her stood there, forever, I would happily wait another 70 years in the ice.

I hoped that she was looking around for me. I was about to wave when that idiot Dominic walked towards her. I was pretty assured that she was mine now, but I was still seething with jealousy.

---Theia's POV---

"Theia... Wow you look... amazing." Dominic stammered as he walked towards me.

"Thanks." I murmur in response, looking past him, scanning the room for Steve, I saw him walking towards my brother at the bar. I needed a drink. I was so nervous; this dress was making me nervous. Steve was making me nervous.

I realised that my bluntness was a bit rude as Dominic stood there uneasily. "Um, you look great too. If you will excuse me." I politely added but a bit half-heartedly.